Monday, October 20, 2008

Surprise in the Mail

Tomorrow is Cooper's sixth birthday so I wasn't surprised to see a box on our front porch this afternoon--even though I wasn't expecting one. But my interest was piqued when I saw that it was addressed to me and from my dear friend, Andrea, from our Kalamazoo days. I just couldn't think, for the LIFE of me, what it was that I was receiving.

Inside the box I unraveled layers of bubble wrap to find a plastic storage container decorated all cute with stickers. I opened the card first. Andrea wished me a Happy Day and said she hoped this came "in handy in an emergency--it's a Year's Supply!"

In the cute container were 10 boxes of birthday candles of all different shapes, colors and varieties! I laughed my head off. I have a thing about forgetting candles even when my children remind me. And she came to our rescue!

Andrea--you're the greatest! Thank you for making me laugh today and for outfitting our birthday treats with the most important of things...the age indicators! :) Just in time for Cooper's birthday too.

2 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

That is so awesome! Someday I will be thoughtful like that... what a great friend!

JandS Morgan said...

That's too sweet. I'm with Kim, wish I could be that thoughtful.