Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Success!

Hooray!! Jake and Cooper both auditioned for the school musical "Hansel and Gretel" yesterday and they BOTH got parts! Jake is a Nasty who works for the witch and plays tricks on the old and new campers. Cooper is a Wallybird and gets to eat cookie crumbs the witch leaves. Honestly, I don't think I've ever read or heard the story of "Hansel and Gretel" so I'd better get familiar with it.

I was surprised to hear that rehearsals were Monday, Oct. 6th and the performances were Saturday, Oct. 11th. I thought that was a typo. Apparently the Missoula Children's Theater is coming with all their props, music and costumes to work their magic in a week, doing most the work. That's pretty exciting (especially for the music teacher) but also entails rehearsals after school til 5 and as late as 7:30 for Jake. It should be a really good experience for them though.

If any local friends are interested the performances are this Saturday at 3pm and again at 7pm at Butternut Creek Elementary (east on Stoddard off of 209th and then a right on Florence into the school parking lot). Tickets are $1 per person or a $5 cap for a family.

I'd love to videotape this...does anyone have a video camera we could borrow??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummmm...Hansel and Gretel is a favorite around here, and I've never heard or a wallybird or a nasty!! Ha ha, must be a different version that good old Grimm's fairy tales! How did you even know about auditions?? I saw when the performance was on the calendar, but didn't hear about auditions...oh well...next time! We have a video camera you can borrow!

JandS Morgan said...

Well, I failed. I meant to let you borrow our camera. I hope you were able to get one.