Wednesday, October 1, 2008

2 + 33



Jared celebrated his birthday last week. You wouldn't know it by the candle (which was actually left here at the house from a friend's son's birthday cake that was shared with us a couple weeks ago), but Jared turned the big 3-5 this year.

What is it with me and birthday candles? Last year Jake had none. Jared got one but it was used and off by a few decades. If I recall, I'm pretty sure I managed two candles for Karcyn's cake. I did tell Jared however, that at least he got a cake, which he did gratefully acknowledge. Because if Jared's left in charge (which is usually the case), I don't get a cake on my birthday. (My parents were here for my big day this year waiting for Calvin to come, so my mom and Cooper surprised me with one.)

Cooper's birthday is up next so maybe I won't botch the candles for him. Although, now that I think about it, the actual party is in question. Every theme I suggest to him that I can reasonably pull off for a cool party, he throws a massive fit. Why? you ask? I haven't the foggiest idea. But I'm kind of thinking maybe he won't get a birthday party this year if that's how it's going to be. Good grief. Cooper has yet to learn proficiently that a little gratitude goes a long way. And unlike what the liberals in this country believe, no one in this house is entitled to anything from me and Jared beyond their basic needs. They have to earn it.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Jared, you are soo old, I didn't realize you were older than me, but Nate still has you beat, he turned the big 38 in june. Jenn, I always forget the birthday candles, but the kids never seem to notice, it is always another mom at the party who says "Where are the candles?"

Heather E. said...

Birthy Happ Day Jared!! Jenn you crack me up with the candle thing!! Heee, hee!

Rachel said...

Good for you! Now that we have 4, we're going to every other year friend parties, and then family parties on the even years. (I figure there will be family here anyway for Baptisms, ordinations, etc) That way I'll only have to do 2 a year from now on. Hurray!

Kim-the-girl said...

Happy birthday to our favorite PA to call for advice... we haven't done that for awhile... do you miss it? :)

Shane and Brandi said...

Happy Birthday Jared! Shane didn't even get a cake. I know bad wife, bad wife! I can't believe you guys are 35. Ouch! I put you on our blog so we could keep in the loop on whats up. I hope you don't care!

JandS Morgan said...

Happy Birthday Jared! I'm the same way with candles. I think I've finally used up all the spares though so I might actually have to buy some next time.