Saturday, October 18, 2008

Out with the old...Ring in the new

This afternoon, after Cooper's soccer game, I reached in my jacket pocket to retrieve my cell phone. It had been unusually silent. (For those of you that might not know, my cell phone also serves as our home phone).

When I glanced at it, the front screen was dark. I could have sworn I left it on during the night (a habit I'm trying to get into). So I flipped it open. Still dark. I turned it on. It wouldn't come on. Hmph. This wasn't a good sign because the battery had never gone completely dead on me before. Once we got back to the house, I plugged it into the charger. Even if the phone is off, there's still a battery charging light that will display. No light. Fabulous.

So I located the closest AT&T store, loaded up the tired kids, and off we went.

The gal at the store tried calling it, I think. But she told me the phone is 2 years old and that's about when they expire. (By the way, did you know toilets have about a 10 year life expectancy?) Before I could roll my eyes at the dreaded situation before me, the girl told me "but you have a free upgrade and can get a free phone with it."

Music to my ears!!

So I picked out a new phone. It's red. And in the end I will pay an $18 one-time upgrade fee. But we also get a $30 rebate. Sure the heck better than paying $300 for a new phone.

Ironically, I was just starting to get used to my dead phone. It's extremely small and took me forever to get my big stumpy fingers used to the keypad. Not a problem anymore. The only issue...phone numbers. I don't have any. So, feel free to call me and then I can put you in my address book :)

No comments: