Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th


Spring finally decided to show itself here in the Portland area. It was almost summer-like today, highs near 80. The sun was shining early this morning and it was just beautiful. The kids celebrated with popsicles out in the backyard after declaring they had worked up a sweat in the late afternoon.


This was also the first official day of summer break from school. Jake told me last night he was going to sleep in til noon. (I'll believe it when I see it). I scoffed at his comment and said "You don't know how to sleep in." Sure enough, true to the form that I know so well, he was up at 7 o'clock. I asked him "I thought you were sleeping in til noon?" He said "I thought it was that late." To his credit, however, sleeping til 7am IS sleeping in at our house. He's out the door by 7:15 to catch the bus.

No comments: