Thursday, June 19, 2008

Birthday Blues

My birthday is April 29th. Which translates to 4/29. Is it just me or do the numbers of your birth date jump out at you, too? Whenever I see 4:29 on the clock, I do a double take. (Here's some useless Jenn trivia--I set my alarm clock in high school to 4:29am. I needed to get up by 4:30 for early morning seminary,which started at 6:00am, so why not just get up one minute earlier with my special numbers?)

My point is...I'm doing a whole lot of double takes when I get in my car and go places. I never, NEVER thought I'd see my birth date representing the price of gasoline!! Currently in my area it's now $4.29 a gallon. We're not even talking about premium or diesel. Just plain old regular octane.

6 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

You are so funny! I hope we don't see my birthdate in gas prices anytime.

JandS Morgan said...

Yea, my birthday would be bad too. Costco was still at 4.09 on Tuesday. Hopefully it won't go up too much more. By the way, we really enjoyed those Cinnabons. Breakfast was easy :)

Rachel said...

You got up at 4:30?!?!?!?!? You are one crazy gal! I had fun with you at Costco today and our 8 collective children birdwatching. Such fun! Good times. . .

Lindsey said...

I agree...you got up at 4:30 for early morning Seminary. Ours was at 6:00 too and I think I rolled out of bed around 5:30-5:45.

Yes, my birthday (10-01) would be terrible for gas. Who knows though...at this rate, we may see it at $10.01 before too long!

Travis and Heather said...

I love reading your blog...I had a free moment this morning and thought...what are those crazy Hough's up to. It is so fun to get a peek into your life. We love you guys...we love your kids and cannot wait to meet Calvin when we get back to Oregon. Keep up the fun postings!!

Heather Taylor

Travis and Heather said...

ps...we FINALLY got around to starting a blog of our own. Check it out: http://taylorgirlandboyz.blogspot.com/