Monday, January 14, 2019

Elder Jake Hough, 1.14.19--week 25


SZIIIIIIIIIAAAASZTOK!!!!!
No time this week.....but I have been feeling your prayers! Thank you and I know that the Lord will not let this work be frustrated by the adversary! It goes forth! Our baptism is scheduled for the 19th despite things that tried to stop it!! More details next week about that!
Hough Elder
(Sorry for reals though...I just have no time haha!)

Hey Mom!
I feel really blessed to have you as a mom. Just gonna say that. I have definitely been feeling those prayers. This week I grew. GREW. Spiritually, emotionally, and a little bit physically haha! The AMHA (area mental health advisor) is amazing, he gave me some great Ideas and tips for how to think a bit differently when we have negative thoughs, and are you a prophetess or something because I already read and found the divine discontent talk and that is what helped me! I LOVE that talk it is so true and the therapist also says that that is all about cognitive traps satan uses against us to make us halt our progress. Super good talk, I learned a lot from it. A LOT. I feel bigger or older spiritually if that makes sense, because I had to find that knowledge and answer as to just not feeling like enough. But, I will never be enough. That is the truth, And becauseI leraned that I learned that I cant compare to anyone, cant be ashamed about not being enough, and I cant expect and look up to my imperfect view of a perfect me. It doesnt work like that. We will never reach it and never be our best until after the resurrection, But anyway, I got some cognitive trap tips from the AMHA and they are really good to know, and I use a couple of the questions to think about why I am thinking about something that may be dragging me down, and jsut a differnet way of thinking to redirect the thought process that satan tries to get you on sometimes. But I am doing way better. It was a struggle, and I basically at one point said to heavenly Father that I was letting go of EVERYTHING, and just going to serve to my ability. I will never be able to do everything  to perfection, or else I would be transfigured at this point. And that is the joy of the gospel is that we dont HAVE to be perfect now. It comes LATER, but we are jsut asked to continuosly try to be a little bit more everyday, and that eventually we will see how far we have come and how close we have come closer to christ. It was a huge paradigm shift in my head that took my I have to do more be more see more results attitude to I have the faith, that doesnt change, but I ahve to trust that the lords will will be manifest and that my weakness is made up by the Grace and Mercy of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Read ether 12, but from 19-the end, it is literally Moroni feeling how I felt. MORONI STRUGGLED WITH THIS, so I feel a bit better about myself haha!
So for starters, I have a therapy light, I talked with the AMHA and he suggested a better diet so I am just eating food and tracking it to see what comes from what, journal has decreased but I am considering a video log on the 2 64 gb sd cards that dont work here, and I am running a bit more, and I bought without pre knowledge the 2000 IU vit D. It was and is really just a perfect storm of everything crashing down on me haha! The helyzet or situation in Tbánya has not been super good the last 2 weeks but it just became really good, and yeah. The weather is kicking my butt haha! But, if I have learned anything besides my huge answers to personal questions and spiirtual questions that have literally just blown me away and helped me to just chill out and do whats necessary, is that the body is wack. EVERY SYSTEM AFFECTS EVERY SYSTEM. Physical spiritual, emotional and mental are not just 4 areas, but 1 area that just melds with itself, this is proof of that.
Fun story, on splits I ran with the zone leader I was with in győr, so we got up a bit earlier to do that, and we start and he says we doing the BIG  circle. I had no idea where we were going, but eventually we ended up on an on ramp in the middle of NO WHERE and we saw the sign for the győr boundaries...UHHHHHHHHHHH....ok....so we started running on the shoulder of the highway back towards győr, and then the shoulder "DISSAPPEARED", and we were running head on into highway trafficin the brightening light. I parkoured the rail and into the snow I was so done with it haha! We get back in and our run was an hour, and the distance was 7 miles or 11ooo kilometers, not bad! Considering I ahvent been RUNNING consistently! Super good feeling for sure.

We also had a blizzard in tatabánya this last week, literally nonstop snow and you couldnt see anything, and we had a quick lesson in the morning and so I jumped out of the shower changed and ran out the door and then by the time we got to the church building my hair was FROZEN!! I was like jack frost it was really crazy haha!
I love the home program come follow me, it sounds super dope, we dont havce abook with us yet in tatabánya, but we will have one soon to study out of.
Fools mock, but they shall mourn, my grace is sufficient for thee. Behold, if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness, and if men come unto me with a humble heart, and with real intent, then will I make weak things strong unto them.
I know this is true. I know that on saturday one of Gods Beloved Chldren is partaking in the first ordinance of salvation, and that my joy is full, and I do boast in my god. 

No comments: