Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Two Months Already!

I can't believe that it's already been two months since Calvin joined ranks with us crazy Houghs. Sometimes it seems just like yesterday that he was born, other days, not so much...like he's been with us forever. He has quickly forged a special place in all of our hearts.

He is a lovely baby. He did start out on the serious side...alert but reserved. However, around 5 1/2 weeks he started smiling and cooing. It was amazing! I think that's the youngest age for my children to start interacting like that.
Calvin is definitely a chameleon. When he was born, he reminded me of Cooper (clearly the Hough side of the DNA). Then, around 4 weeks, he started taking a turn down the Jake (Lee) side of things. But now, I really think he's going back to looking like Cooper. Calvin does look like he belongs with us, which is funny to me because I feel like with my family, we were all hodge-podged together, like you wouldn't know I was related to my siblings just by looking at us. There isn't a consistent Lee look. At least I don't think so. But only time will tell how Calvin will fare....more like a Hough or a Lee or somewhere in between.

I swore his eyes were going to go brown. I predicted Coop's would go brown when he was about 4 weeks old and I was right. The eye color assignments are as follows: Jake has blue, Cooper has brown, Karcyn has blue, I have green hazel and Jared has brown. Sometime in my life I was told brown was the dominant eye color (whether that's true or not, I don't know, but I trusted my source as reliable) so I figured Calvin would lean that way. Though his eyes are turning dark, they are almost gray in color. Quite striking actually. Maybe they will go brown yet.

Calvin and I took a field trip to Dad's office this afternoon to get weighed and measured. His official 2 month appointment isn't til the 10th because the girls at the office fight over who doesn't get to give shots to our babies. (They're so silly. It's not like the kid will remember.) Anyway, it's so nice that we can just go to the office whenever and get that extra special treatment.

The little big man weighed in at 8 lbs. (almost) 13 oz. and is 22 inches long. Dad is not thrilled about the slow weight gain, but that's a whole other post that ain't happening on my blog. Calvin has been a sweet piece of goodness to me. He's been sleeping 5-6 hours through the night for several weeks now. My only complaint and it's more like an inconvenience, is that he holds on to his burps longer than I would like....takes me forever to burp him. BUT...at least he doesn't have the projectile vomiting like Karcyn did. Other than that, Calvin continues to be a very happy, content baby (even if he is in the 3rd percentile for weight).



1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

Somebody has to be in the 3rd percentile, right? I was just thinking of Karcyn's projectilism just the other day...I hope to avoid such NEED of bibs!