Saturday, July 26, 2008

Home Teachers Beware!

Tuesday night, our home teacher came over. We had just finished up a late dinner. Jared and the kids gathered in the living room while I quickly finished the last bit of kitchen clean up. When I came into the living room, Karcyn was acting WILD! She was on all fours, bucking up on her knees then going down on her hands and lifting her knees off the floor like a crazy bull. And she was doing it all over the living room. Jared asked what was up with her and I said I had no idea. Seriously---we had never seen her act this way. It was as if she had gotten into the catnip.

I sat down and we talked with our home teacher about pop-up trailers and camping. All the while Karcyn kept bucking around the room. Then she stood up and started twirling around in circles. After a minute or two it was making me dizzy and I couldn't watch her anymore. The adults continued our conversation for another 5-7 minutes trying to ignore Karcyn-gone-ballistic. Then Karcyn stopped in the middle of the room and started choking. I jumped up, confused and ran to her side. I couldn't figure out what she was choking on. Then it was clear. She was vomiting. Right in front of our home teacher. (Fun-for-him). She just stood there and threw up a solid mass of eck. Not to be gross, but the contents of her stomach surprisingly weren't runny at all. She did that about 4 times. Didn't cry or anything. When I thought she was done, I took her into the bathroom to clean her up while Jared took care of the living room floor. I had no sooner gotten her to the bathroom when I heard a little "urp" and knew she wasn't quite done. Fortunately one of the boys left the toilet seat up and I guided her little head over the toilet. She threw up another 4 times. Good grief! Where was she keeping all that stuff? And what had she eaten? I didn't recognize any of it. Her eyes were sunken and her face was pale but she acted like she felt better. What a silly girl. She had spun herself sick! Hmmm, no Tea Cups for her at Disney Land.

Shortly after Karcyn and I rejoined the group in the living room, our home teacher looked at the clock and said he had to get going. He was going to visit another family. Jake was sitting on the couch by him and said in a shocked voice, acting all short changed, "What?? That's it??" Then accusingly he added, "You're supposed to give us a lesson!" Omygosh. Jared and I wanted to crawl in a hole...that was worse than vomit. I tried to gently tell Jake, hoping to smooth over the uncomfortable moment, that sometimes our home teacher just visits and we're lucky that he comes. Hopefully he'll return!!

2 comments:

Petronella said...

I bet that must have been pretty embarrassing at the time, but it makes a great story ;) Kids sure keep life interesting. I had fun time reading your blog and seeing how you are doing.

Kim-the-girl said...

I am still laughing out loud about Jake's outburst, hilarious!!!