Thursday, July 24, 2008

In-house Artist

We usually have the boys make homemade birthday cards for their friends. Jake had a party he was going to on Saturday afternoon and I had reminded him several times that he needed to make the card. About 15 minutes prior to us leaving he started working on it. He decided to look at the Transformer picture on his new backpack and tried to reproduce it. He gave me frequent updates, "I have the first leg done"...."Here's his arm"...."Do you like his head?" I was concerned Jake had started something he didn't have time to finish. But at the last possible minute, he wrapped it up and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. Neither Jared nor I have one iota of artistic talent in our bloodstream, so we're not quite sure where he gets it. But good for him.

1 comment:

Corina said...

That's a great idea to have kids make their own cards. Wish I'd thought of that! Impressive drawing, as well!