Friday, January 11, 2008

Man Cub


Okay, so I thought Jake being old enough for baptism was enough. After spending 2 years in a Primary presidency, I can't BELIEVE I forgot that he also starts Cub Scouts. ACK!!!! It seems like a lot of stuff they have to do each year, but as long as I help Jake pace himself, I'm sure he'll do fine. And flipping through his Wolf book, it actually looks like fun. (Remember, I've never gone through the scouting program...I am a girl after all!) You can't dispute it though. Our lives have just been kicked up a notch with our new man cub.


Jake had his first den meeting 3 days after Jared (that's right, it didn't even dawn on me) remembered he was old enough for scouts and 1 day after I got his scouting stuff. My fingers were furiously at work trying to get those DARNED patches on. Had to redo 2 of them, one of which I haven't figured out yet. It goes on the stupid pocket and I'm still working on it. I might have been a little more on the ball if we hadn't just moved, but not necessarily. Jake had a great time at his den meeting, we've got super leaders. Cooper cried when we dropped Jake off at his meeting. Don't be fooled though. It was pure drama. Cooper was just mad HE wasn't the one going to scouts. Unfortunately his time will come a lot sooner than I would like.

1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

What we have to look forward to in a few years...

By they way I can hardly believe your parents will be home so soon! How exciting!