Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Laundry Lunacy

Am I losing it?
On laundry day, the boys are supposed to fold their laundry and put it away in the appropriate place; on the shelf in the closet, in their drawer, or on the hangers. When they get their pjs on for bed, they sort their DIRTY clothes in the baskets in the bathroom. Lights in one basket. Darks in another. If the clothes are CLEAN, they are to fold them up and put them away. When they get dressed in the morning, same routine. That makes sense right?
So why then, when I go to sort laundry for the wash, I find CLEAN clothes in the baskets? And when I help put clothes away, I find DIRTY clothes folded and on their shelf or in their drawers?? C'MON! I seriously don't get that. Actually, I can understand throwing clean clothes in the hampers...it's faster than having to fold them up and put them away (unless they're caught). But I'm still trying to figure out how the dirty clothes end up folded and put away. You'd think they'd be eager to toss those in too.

3 comments:

Temporarily Me said...

Maybe they are folding and putting away the dirty clothes because the items are their favorite??? Just a guess. Love, Kim

Fab7 Family said...

If you find a solution, then please share it...I still go crazy over the whole 'clean clothes back in the dirty laundry' thing.

Kim-the-girl said...

I seem to remember you having a family home evening wherein you discussed this very topic while you were living at Garden Grove. Just be thankful that they're clothes aren't all over the floor ;o)