Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Elder Jake Hough, 4.30.19--week 40


"I'm nomadic!"

SZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIASZTOOOOOOOOOOOOK AAAAAAAAAAAGIIEES!

I dont have much time at all, I apologize for that the situation with the emails are rough four elders to one computer. So when we get phones in july I will get a solid email every week. But suffer with me for the next couple months. 

I moved to be a zone leader in Győr (northwest part of the country--about an hour train ride from Tatabanya, his first area, where they would go to the library to email). The train ride from Miskolc was a nightmare, we got on a slow train first mistake. then the bus we took was not straight to east station. It took us to a city called cancerous. The city and situation was just as cancerous. We were stuck there at midnight, and didnt get to east cstation of budapest until 1. then the metro subway was closed. So we bused across budapest at 1 with all my belongings and with shreds of life between us. But we arrived at the assistants apartment at 1:30 and got up at 630. So a typical travel to budapest. 

Basically, Im now a pro at travelling, not that I like it. Its the necessary evil of the missionary life. 

Other than that, not much happened this last week. Except that I can now say I feel better about myself, my life, my blessings, and my relationship with God and the Spirit. Not perfect, of course. But I have been striving for the companionship of the Holy Ghost and hve been strengthening that. It is literally worth it to have the sprit in your life. Like President Nelson said last year in April "In the coming days, it will be impossible to survive spiritually without the constant, guiding companionship of the holy ghost."  Super true. I would exhort everyone to continue learning hoe the spirit provides revelation to you all, practice receiving revelation for your personal lives, and to act on that revelation so you may qualfy for more. You will receive. I know this to be true.

Well, have a great week yall! Dont get blown away by the tornadoes. I am JEALOUS! (We've had two tornadoes--an EF3 and EF2--in our stake boundaries these past two weeks. Jake shares his love of severe weather and storms with his mom. We do not love the destruction they cause, however.) 

Szeretlek Benneteket!

Hough Elder



No comments: