Monday, March 2, 2009

King of the Couch

Calvin reached 10 months old yesterday. My goodness...I just can't believe it. I was lamenting to a friend the other day that it seems like the more kids you have, the faster the babies grow up.

A couple weeks ago I put Calvin up on the couch to look out the front window. We watched the birds and squirrels and cars go by. He was in seventh heaven and was so proud to be perched up there like a big man.




He's also a mini-machine. He eats ANYTHING and EVERYTHING we give him on his tray. He can't shovel it in fast enough. It's pretty impressive with just two little chompers. We all but skipped the baby food stage, which was a first for me. He loves big people food. Below was taco salad night. He had just about everything but the chips and green onions.


(I do loathe the baby-feeding-themselves stage...is there anyone else who feels the same or am I alone in that?)

And then, later, for our family home evening treat, he had a taste of a fudge bar. Jake was kind enough to share, but boy, Calvin wasn't so sure about it for the first few bites.




Then he decided he liked it after all and wouldn't stop mauling Jake!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate the feeding themselves stage...though I hate having to feed them baby food even more!! At least when they can feed themselves I can just give them their food and get stuff done...or eat at the same time as the rest of the family! Calvin sure is a doll :)

JandS Morgan said...

I don't mind the feeding themselves stage as much as I mind the "me feeding them stage". I do need to teach P to use a spoon and that one is tough. Hence why I haven't done it yet.

P loves standing on the window seat to look outside too, but I bet a couch is so much more comfy.

Kim-the-girl said...

I can't believe how big he is! I, like the others, love being able to let them feed themselves rather than have to feed them. Ethan is currently feeding Eliza because I can't bring myself to do it.

jjcrew said...

Yes, I do hate the feeding-baby-food to-babies too, but...we kind of skipped that with Calvin. I guess what I really hate is THE CLEAN UP!! Ugh. I swear it takes longer to clean up the kid, the chair, the tray, and the floor longer than it does to clean the entire kitchen!