Monday, March 9, 2009

Jake's Talk

Jake volunteered to give a talk in Primary this coming Sunday. The topic: "I will obey my parents."

When we got home from church yesterday, I started on dinner and told Jake that there was no better time than the present to get working on his talk. So he grabbed some paper and a pencil and started writing. It wasn't until later that night, after I got home from "Virgin" rehearsal, that I found his talk. This is what he wrote:

Obedience is when you do something the first time without argueing. I've "experienced" a lot of times when I have been obedient and when I have not. When you obey you get to do other stuff. When you don't obey you have to go to your room. Its happened to me many times. Infact, it's happened so many times I am use to it. I just hope that all of you will obey your parents this week. And, I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

6 comments:

Jen said...

What a keeper of a talk! When my girls write their own talks, I am always amazed. Well, with Megan, I have a nervous breakdown waiting to hear what she came up with...I'm glad I previewed her last talk where she totally lectured a girl who was being mean to her. That went through a rewrite!

Becky said...

I love it. Are you going to let him give it, as is?

BUIS LIFE... said...

I always love to hear a child's perspective on things. :)
(By the way, Mike is in Portland for business. I can't remember if you guys live near there or not, but I thought I'd let you know. He'll be there till Saturday morning. You can email for his contact information while he's there - I emailed it to you but it was sent back to me so I do need to get your current email address. Ours is mahbuis3@yahoo.com. Thanks!!)

Shane and Brandi said...

I love it! You have a cute little boy!

Purplepickle said...

How did his talk go? I think it sounded pretty good. He covered all of the important things, if you do good it is okay if not there is a consiq. I will have to ask him about it Tues at piano lessons.

Rachel said...

OK, that is so cute. So cute that I'm tempted to post it on my own blog!