Monday, March 2, 2009

Two Cakes with Candles

Two days after Christmas, Jake actually got candles on his birthday cake and didn't have to pretend to blow anything out like last year. I will always claim pregnancy brain and let's not forget, we had just moved in a few weeks before.

This year, Cooper was a big help. He frosted and decorated the cake and he even arranged the candles in the shape of the number 9.


For Jake's friend party, as we always do a month later, we went to Pump It Up. A party zone with two arenas complete with jumping and sliding inflatable structures. It was the PERFECT place at the end of January for a group of boys.




Heck man, I wanted in on the fun too!


Karcyn wasn't so sure about the inflatables. She wouldn't even open her eyes for the first 10 minutes we were there. She finally took a peek and I coaxed her up the ladder. Once she went down the first time, she was hooked and we couldn't stop her. She was a sliding freak! She wasn't very fast climbing up those ladders either and the boys were REALLY great about helping her to the top. She looked so funny coming down because she was so little.




After our hour of jumping we moved into the party room for...DRINKS! Wooo...we were hot and sweaty. I'm so glad I brought a jug of ice water in addition to juice boxes. Jake took his royal place on the inflatable Birthday Throne.


We sang to Jake, had yummy Costco cake and opened gifts! It was so nice because the staff set up the party room, provided all the paper products, cut the cake, served everyone, packed up Jake's gifts, toted them to the van for me, and cleaned up the mess we left behind. Now THAT'S my kind of party.


On the way home, Cooper announced he wanted his next birthday party at Pump It Up. Yeah....shock-er.

2 comments:

JandS Morgan said...

I wish we had stuff like that when I was growing up. Looks super fun. I'll have to take the kids there someday.

Kim-the-girl said...

All birthday parties down here are at some type of venue, I have yet to hear of one being at someone's house... good thing we're not hosting any friend parties this year. :)