Friday, August 29, 2008

Perked Up

That's right, Folks. My ears and senses have perked up significantly with today's announcement of McCain's Veep pick...Sarah Palin. Believe it or not, I didn't even know who she was until I looked her up on the Internet and can I just say, I like what I see. Not because she's a woman and not because she's from Alaska, but because of her values and ethics. She's shaken up politics in Alaska by doing what's right.

I called my parents today to get their 2 cents worth (as did my sister in GA. Everyone wanted her to call her momma to find out about this Palin person :). Obviously Palin is well loved in Alaska and the largest state in the union is all a-buzz today. My parents are currently in Seward and the people down there are saying how down to earth Palin is. FYI: I just heard Fox News say Palin has a sky high 80% approval rating as governor.

I just love that she's got 5 children, her oldest in the military, her youngest just a month older than Calvin and has Down Syndrome. Clearly, she's against abortion and I'm happy to see opposes same-sex marriage as well. She's a self-proclaimed hockey mom, eats moose burgers, hunts and ice fishes. She's confident and has spunk. (Maybe NOW we can start drilling in ANWR!)

So yes, this presidential election has finally caught my interest and I feel a glimmer of hope. Palin has a tough road ahead of her in these next couple of months with speeches and debating with Biden. But right now, I like what I see. I think McCain made a very good choice. Only time will tell.

If nothing else, Jenn's finally paying attention.

1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

I was thinking of you all day after I heard the news. My mom told me she's LDS, but I think we've proven her wrong...that would be crazy, right? Anyhow, just wanted to drop you a line...your trip looked SPECTACULAR!!!