Friday, August 22, 2008

Alaska: Day 6--Fishing

Here are a few pictures from Jared's fishing charter. I have yet to go halibut fishing. I always have a baby when we go to Alaska. Maybe next time. Looks like fun...


Nice fish, Honey!


Apparently the guys caught their limit within the hour and just did catch & release the rest of the day. "Unfortunately" (say the men) the fish weren't huge, even though what they did catch made their muscles sore. But--they did get fish and that's all I care about.

We actually ended up bringing home 100 lbs. of halibut--50 lbs. of meat for us and another 50 lbs. from Dad to keep in our freezer. Way to go, Fishermen!
P.S. Anyone have any great halibut recipes? :)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh oh oh!! I have a delicious Halibut meal...probably one of my favorites!!! Call me! Arwen got the post card from Cooper today! She was so excited. How fun that you guys have such a great time!!

Allie said...

Looks like you had a great time in Alaska. It was fun to run into you!

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Wow, that's a LOT of fish! Too bad I don't do seafood!

Heather E. said...

My husband is so jealous!!! I just want to eat it......yummy!! I would love to fish for halibut too. Looks like fun, good job guys!