Monday, December 3, 2018

Elder Jake Hough, 12.3.18--week 19

I got hammered by satan this week about my speaking ability, it was and has been the weakness that is is the bane of my existence, because I am no longer a greenie. I know when I speak wrong, and its super frequent. But I have been asking Peery and Baer to correct me so I can get better, cause these two is like doubler opp(ortunity) to get better in the language, but I had a ton of moments where I just didnt want to talk for "fear" of getting jumped on. and this persisted until sunday during the sacrament, when I had a realization: It DOES NOT MATTER what others think of you. It doesnt. As long as you or I do what the Lord tells us to do, whether you think itll get received well or not, then it doesnt matter. We cannot be afraid of men, but we should fear god. 2 nephi 8:8 says "Who are yOU, to fear man, who shall be made to grass? Behold I am He, and I am thy god." I am am so much better for that lesson I learned, and it affected my being as a person, like i didnt feel me, but now I just dont care what others think of me as long as I am doing what the lord neds me to do.

Also, (our new friend) is a baller! He accepted the law of tithing and word of wisdom, dropped smoking and drinking in two days, and we are teaching him the law of chastity thursday, that is the big one because he has an Élet Pár, someone he lives with but isnt married to, that is HUGE here in hungary. Szokas to be honest. We are really praying for him to have the spirit to know this is right.
Other than that the week was great! We saw snow, and all in all I just love this life, its the life I need to be living right now to learn the lessons I need to learn. Love you to pluto and back, seriously! 
Hough Elder

No comments: