Monday, December 10, 2018

Elder Jake Hough, 12.10.18--week 20

AGAIN NO TIME HAHA!
Had an experience where I lost my wallet on the train to buda pest that stops in our city so it kept going, I prayed, stayed calm, called it in, got a description, called later that day, and it was found, and another niracle was that we got it on monday three days later!! Miracles are real everyone! Sorry mom and dad! I didnt want to say anything cause I knew youd freak out, so I didnt, and it worked out haha! Love yall, this gospel is true, and when we serve as chrsit served, he will light our faith this christmas season! Lets do some service!
Hough Elder

(to the parents)

(Our friend) accepted the law of chastity! But it isnt quite that simple either. The girlfriend and or life companion that they have here in Hugnary that he has he loves. He really loves her, and she helped him in a time that he needed it when no one else was there, and they are his family basically. She is not about the church, and he knows in his heart that he has to leave her to be baptized...super sad. But he told us he know and believes the law of chastity will bless him, we bore testimony of why it is important to god. He has a pure desire to be clean, he reads, prays, church is still tough for him, but he said in his prayer he knows it is true and asked for strength to do Gods will. he said I need time, which is understandable, but he was really sad leaving that lesson. Hell be ok. I know he will. We have faith in him, hes with his girlfriend visiting family so maybe hes trying to get married, thats another option, but then its a situation of spouse not supporting the church life. Super rouhg but I love him and am proud of him for sure.

The big purchase ($90) was a necessary buy, becasue that was a fülvédő, or one of those russian ear hats that keep my face from freeying in the bitter cold, and it will last me my entire mission. I figured it was a worthy buy. 
Also we were in Győr on splits again and we have one tomorrow but last week we found 8 NEW INVESTIGATORS IN 1 DAY. That is ridiculous. That is what happens when you find with the faith that these people are ready to hear. And the key is when you find with that faith and dont recieve it, that you still know that you are going to find those that are ready and that Gods plan is Gods plan and he kjnows whats best.
Also we have another investigatore on Bap(tism) date! Maria who we have been teaching accepted for Feb 23!!! So hyped, these two are ready. So so grateful and humbled to be the one the Lord needs to help these people at this time.
Also, made wassial without cider just an apple juice substitute and it was dope. Making it again this week, and the haters are lovers now so thats a sweet victory! 
Since Ive stpopped caring about how I speak and just speak, and stopped caring about what others think of me, I have really been happier and just super chill, harder to get mad. More patient. I can be myself, whoever that is, Im still learning that haha! Also had a prompting last night to not take the hobo trail that crosses train tracks to get to an appointment last night, super strong, like urgently strong, and I stood 3 against one but just tried to calmly not very well say I dont think we should go that way I feel we shouldnt to them, and It was super wierd, dont know if it actually would have been anything bad, but it was an out of the blue DONT GO THERE feeling so I went with it it was crazy.
I have waited this long and will wait a little longer to open my gift from yall! Its getting really hard to not haha! But am resisitng. Love you, hope you have a good week, and read until 70 times 7 talk from april this year it is the key to hope and endurance to the very end! https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2018/04/until-seventy-times-seven?lang=eng
Love you!

No comments: