Monday, November 26, 2018

Elder Jake Hough, 11.26.18--week 18


SZIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAA AGGGGIEEEEESSSSS!!! 
WHOOOOOOOP to the 7 OT (overtimes) SEC History game (A&M) against LSU at home, that sounds so legendary and Im so happy that that was a success! LETS GO BABY!
We are cruising herr in Tatabánya, and we have a potential for 3 baptismal dates and are always finding new investigators daily, yesterday we literally found 2 in under 1 hour who were sincere and the conversations werent 3 minutes, it was amaying to see the lord putoting those people in our paths.
Funny story from this week, we had a group of smoking and drinkng teenagers coming by us on the street by Sarberki Lakotelep, and I out of no where go "SZIA SRÁCOK! A barataim es en..." and they all just STOPPED. I literally said hello my dudes! and proceeded to go into our talk with them haha! One of them was pricked in his heart and it was really obvious to see compared to his other friends, and we set up with him and plan to teach him later, so that was really cool! I love this work and the opposition I see everyday, because I know in those moments that "I have been seen worthy to suffer in the name of the Lord" (Acts 5:41). I Love yall, keep up the work!
Hough Elder

(To the parents)
Youll love this story. So we needed to be in Pest (Budapest is actually two different cities Buda and Pest similar to Bryan College Station J) for Peery elders (dental) appointment and we found out my bike didnt work, and the only train that would get us there in time left in 8 minutes from that moment my bike wouldnt work, and it was 1.3 miles away. Well we try fixing it, and then Peery is like were done, and I say to him "let me run." They (his two companions) had two bikes so I said let me run and he looks at me for a second like no, and says no and I say give me a chance, and then he says RUN and I take off down the street in proselyting cloths and a Huge fur coat with dress shoes on in The mine city in Hungary, and I cruised apparently cause I got there in time to buy tickets and hold the train for Peery elder to put the bikes and lock them up, and so that mile had to have been somewhere around sub five, cause I couldnt breathe for 25 minutes afterwards, but we MADE it and all of a sudden in the bathroom trying not to die i thought "IM THE FLASH" and just laughed and kept coughing. It was pretty legendary to watch according to Peery Elder on the bike that I kept pace with. He said it was the craziest thing hed see, and I was just like I want to run and we need to make this train and we did. SO that was fun haha!
Im excited for the christmas call too! Believe it or not I have NOT opened the package you gave me (back in September before he left the MTC because we knew we wouldn't be able to send him anything) but that is a miracle in and of its self because I am DYING to know what it is. The only bump with the call is that we have to be at a members house, and if I  move cities across country, I would be in a city I dont know and then it would be really hard to do it, but it would still happen because president would still give me the time for sure. But yeah, The next transfer is honestly a wild card. Well see! Im also putting together a gift for yall as well on christmas, so youll just have to wait as well! 
So I got a call friday night from the branch president and he gave me the assignemtn to talk in church for 10-15 minutes in Sacrament metting in HUNGARIAN, with 24 hours to choose a conference talk and write out my thoughts in english and then translate into Hungarian....hoooo ha it was not easy. if there is anything I am weakest in, it is public speaking like talks. I hate them. Not because of what it is, but because I never get more comfortable with it, it is always the same reaction. I was nervous and shook as usual on the stand and spoke too fast, but I did it, and the branch loved it, and I actually spoke on talking on christs name too haha! (I just gave a talk on that topic two weeks ago) The branch president when I asked what I could do to improve in the language said "I could give you a 20 minute talk" the savage haha i love him hes hilarious!
Also, we had a 5 hour freeying cold rain tracting and streeting GRIND two days ago and its gonna be like that for a while because it is dark at 5 and we are out until 8-9, and its so fun to suffer for the Lord and walk around looking for those ready. Its a fun feeling, and so is hitting the brick bed I sllep on at nights haha im just so tired.
Other than that we are doing awesome, I appreciate why you spend so much time planning meals now and the work is moving forward, its so great. This is the best life right now just serving God. No worries except about how to bring others unto christ and that is all I want right now!


No comments: