Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Elder Jake Hough, 11.19.18--week 17

SZIAAAAAAAA AGGGGIEEEEESSSSS!!  

No time this week, but the tripanionship is dope, Baer Elder is from Houston, and it is snowing in Tatbánya in November....I am a little scared about that hahaa! I know this church is true and that God lives and that Russell M Nelson is a prophet of God! Pray to know this for yourself as well! Love yall!
Hough Elder  
 
(to the parents)
Robi, now is good haha! He wasnt responding to our texts and calls at ALL for a solid week which scared the HECK out of us, so when our other progressing investigator dropped through on the lesson we had planned to look Robi up at his house and talk to him, and set up a Bap(tism) plan for him to be baptized on the eset (?) day. In Hungary, not planned look up success is in the 30s (%), but we found him, he was ho9me, we talked to him, he is super busy works nightss, and afternoons, and also sleeps when church is, but we promised him belssings if he came, so he came!! Were meeting THIS WEEK to teach the Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity, we are praying so hard this isnt a huge akadaj for him. Thanks for your prayers, I cant ask for them, but you can do them of your own free will and choice!   

It snowed today on our way to the branch house and mall, and I got a haircut FINALLY. It was SO long at just 3 months, it was a successful haircut I say. In HUNGARIAN! I was a little scared though ahaha! I still feel new because I am haha! One thing some wise missionary told me was "act like you know what you are doing, and eventually you will know exactly what you are doing. And others will think that too". 

This is so fun haha! But its about to get REAL cold up in here in a month or two.

I was at the Dallas airport on Thursday morning when I got a text from Shane Hinckley--a friend from our previous College Station ward. Attached was a picture of Jake and a new Elder I haven't seen before. Shane said that his brother and sister-in-law just arrived in Budapest on their new service mission and sent the picture of Jake sitting down to share with me. It was such a fun, unexpected surprise!  And then, just a couple hours after that, I received a picture of Jake standing in his coat with the same elder from an unknown number. I told the sender thank you very much--whoever they were! It was Sister Hinckley (in the Budapest mission office). Jake told us in his email yesterday that Sister Hinckley and Sister Hettinger (mission president's wife) are sisters!!! :) 
(Love his coat!!)
(Jake's looking a little too relaxed here if you ask me! Haha! ;)

No comments: