Monday, October 8, 2018

Elder Jake Hough, 10.8.18--week 11


SZIA!!
Have like, one minute, but conference was awesome, pray to know that what you listened to was true and if you havent watched I encourage you to do so, it was pwerful and straight from our loving Father in Heaven. Look to Him in every thought, doubt not and fear not. (Link to Oct. 2018 General Conference). I love this work and this Gospel that continues to bless my life and the life of these Hugnarians, no time but I love yall and will hopelfully have more next week! 
Szia!
Hough Elder

(From Jake's letter to the family...)
Thank zyou for your words, they really helped me and I am honestly doing SOOOO much better. I really am grateful to see that love God has for me, and yeah, the life of a missionary is still hard. It is. But I feel I can get through it much easier now that I have gained a bit of Hope and Real Faith as Elder Ballard suggested last conference.
Also, let me enlighten zou to the life of a missionary in the good old town of Tatabánya (did you find it on the big map??) and heres what it is like:We sleep on a 2 inch foam pad, 2 thin blankets, and yeah. Iáll attach pics for sure. (Didn't get the pictures :) then we move to the bathroom. Oh the bathroom how I love it....hehe not really no. It has no shower from the wall, and you have to stand very carefully so as to not flood the bathroom when you shower, becuase no curtains, and I did that a couple times. Luckily we have a mop haha! And the toilet is great! Except there is not flush so you use a pot to flush poop or the shower head itself. So that is fun. We drink our bought juice out of cartons we marked that are ours (HAHA I HAVE BEEN WAINTNG FOR THIS DAY) and we eat some awesome Hungarian granole and cereal for breakfast, eggs the usz. And you would be proud, I made Europaniyed lemon oryo salad (Jake took his favorite recipes from home with him) and Peery Elder loved it!! So good.
I had an expereince after my first email where Peery Elder said I follow you on where we street, so I on my bike 5 days in starting going not knowing where the heck to go, I took an left, then a right, thaen striaght for a bit, and said hmm that 10 story looks good. Well we ran into two people who gave us return appointments back to back, and one is still an investigaotr, and we never made it to said 10 story, but I was for sure guided by the spirit, there is no other way that would happen! So cool.
I have also this week through prayer and study, decided to make Meekness the center of my growth in the Mission, based of (Elder) Bednars talk, but it isnát just meekness it is everything associated with meekness, fiath, hope, charity, self restraint, and foresight. So I will be continuously studying these and applying the principles I learn into my liufe for sure.
peery elder doesnt run but I had him ride his bike and I run one morning and that was fun haha! Coops Hung Beanies and all (Cooper crocheted Jake a hat in the colors of the Hungarian flag--red white, and green and sent it to him before he left the MTC. There was an extra one so maybe Peery Elder got it?)!
I lvoe this gospel and am definitely better, have stopped worrying about how good I speak and more on how good I share and just trying my best knowing that is all I am asked to do. It was a hard shift, but I am good. But I have also missed yall like crazy, I cried in a lesson when I showed them the pic I have of us and I said I know families are forever, and that I love yall a ton, I started to tear because I felt that was true. I miss yall so much and am here for the lord these people and yall!
Sok Sok Syerettel!!
Hough Elder

No comments: