Monday, October 15, 2018

Elder Jake Hough, 10.15.18--week 12


SZIAAAAAA AGIIES WHOOOOOP! 
it has been a while but " It feels good to be back!"
Not much to say, but I have been working hard, and here are a couple stories from this week that I thought were funny, and then a final thought about the gospel. 
Tatabánya is a smaller town in Hungary, about 80000 people so about CS, and has a moutnain with a cool bird staute on it and a cave we will go to next week probably, The food here is amaying you think american gyros are good and ice cream is good just come here and try their 45 cent ice cream, it is divine. ANd the gyros blow everything out of the water sooooo goooood!
We Went to a smll village called vertesszőlős just outside tatabánya and it looks like a third world country but european edition. These people are poor temporaly and spiritully, nad we have that answer. Very humbling, but I made my first joke to someone in this area. He asked if we believed in coffee and Peery says no. Then I quickly added "but we believein Water!" REally funny haha Peery (Elder) loved it. And we were surrounded by a gang there or a group of people there that were big a burly and we just stoppped and talked to them about the gospel and one said THESE MEN ARE OF GOD! and afterwards at home I realized huh, we coulda been beaten up real bad, but we werent. Very blessed. Kinda a take no thought for yourself moment. But I wasnt even thinking that at the moment so it is all good! 
Pretty sunset from Vertesszolos.
BIIIG Paprika home grown peppers...mi csoda!

I have been learning some things about coming closer to christ and how we do that better. We come closer to christ through faith and hope and acting in faith and those are all necessary and important, but we truly come closer to chrst by doing what he would do, serving as he would serve, and caring for others as he would. And that is all we do on this mission is teach serve and testify. And it is not easy but it is very rewarding, and I encourage yall to serve someone this week, make the effort to, whether that be listening to someone or helping them with something, do it and I promise you will feel closer to the savior. 
I love yall, this is an awesome experience and I cant wait to get more! Til next week!
Sok sok szerettel!
Hough Elder

I almost got booted off a train in the middle of nowhere in Hungary this last week. We needed to be in Györ for district meeting, and we missed the first train, and so we were reushed to get out hte door to get the next train and I bought a ticket. Well there is start klub receipt or card you have that gets the tickets for half off, so I naturally used that since I had the receipt to verify, well I didnt when the conductor came by to check, and 1) I couzldnt understand him and 2) he was yelling and I had no idea what to do but pray, Peery Elder helped where he could, and I finally found I could pay the extra 3000 forint to stay on the train which took forever, and that hűwhole tme I was praying. Thanking HF (Heavenly Father) for everything I had in my life and that I was able to stay on the train. very intense but very good, I learned that lesson the hard way haha!
I have been running and playing the piano more. We run almost every morning before the nippy era settles in, cause it will here pretty quick but we have fake out fall too. Super nice weather. But I m the branch pianist now and played "considert the lilies" in sacrament meeting yesterday, for 5 members. Its brutal here man, this is the smallest area and most struggling area in the mission that is opened according to Peery Elder who has been her for 4 months now. But like, we have had an average of 7 mew investigators every week, but 90 percent dog us every time, really tough to take and trying to help the branch. Really sad, we are expending every eűffort to keeop this failing branch of members from crumblng., life is just so hard here in europe, no one can swithc job tmes, it is far from their homes, and it is a really tough life and really strais your faith. REally eye opening and we are trying our best to help them every day we talk about it and brainstorm ideas but it is hard to build their testimonies in Jesus Christ when we have no investoigators to bring them to teach. Really hard. Any advice would be appreciated, we are drilling into our skills and capacties to solve this problem and to build the kingdom of God in Tatabáanya. 

yeah it has been harder walking everywhere without stolen bikes (so apparently Jake got a coat last week, but neglected to tell either me or Jared--yet told his brother--that their bikes were stolen--chained up and all!) but we are gettting new ones on wednesday when we go to Budapest for ZONE CONFERENCE!! Whooh I am hype for that, and next week we have Quinten L Cook coming to speak to us, it is crazy!!


*Luke, our foreign exchange student son from Brazil, just found out this week that his friend from back home got his mission call to Hungary/Romania. Before Jake left on his mission he had a dream that his first companion was Japanese and neither one of them could speak the others' language or Hungarian so it was pretty wild! We chuckled that maybe this friend of Luke's would be his "Japanese" companion! Jake replied that would definitely force them to (SYL) Speak Your Language. J

No comments: