Sunday, October 21, 2012

License to drive?

A friend of ours just recently returned home from his mission. His welcome home get together was this afternoon and Jared was planning on taking Jake and Cooper with him.

Calvin saw his big brothers getting their shoes on to go somewhere and he came up to me and asked if he could go with them. I told him he needed to ask dad. He dutifully went up to Jared and asked if he could go too and Jared said that he could. Calvin already had his shoes on so Jared told the boys, "You need to be in the suburban," while he finished chatting with me real fast.

The three of them walked out to the garage and shut the door behind them. Two seconds later, the door popped open and Calvin, still holding onto the handle leaned inside and said very seriously, with a puzzled expression on his face, "But we can't drive."

Our explosion into laughter was so loud that Jake came running back from the burb to see what was so funny. Poor Calvin was still confused. Jared recovered first and said, "I know, Buddy. I'm driving."

Calvin laughed it off in "Silly me" fashion. Then, with his super cool voice, cocking his head to the side, he said, "Just kiddin'." As if he was pulling our chain the whole time.

1 comment:

JandS Morgan said...

Ha ha! Funny boy. Phoebe and Luke both do that a lot too. I was just kidding!