Sunday, August 2, 2009

A New Record

Today we set a not-so-fun new record in the Portland area....NINE DAYS of temperatures 90 degrees or higher. It is currently 94 degrees at 7:45pm. It's 89 degrees inside our house. The experts say we're on our way to a cooling trend. I'll be doing cartwheels (or at least trying to) when the temperatures get to 85 degrees. That used to be my "hot." I am most definitely a heat weenie. I didn't like it when I lived in Georgia either.

The humidity involved in this heat wave has been the real kicker. Both Karcyn and Calvin have had heat rash all week too. We've all been wearing the minimum clothing possible. I think I used the stove only twice this week...once for pasta salad early Monday morning and then Thursday to make dinner for some friends. Oh and dinner tonight, but that's it. No one's really hungry when you're sweltering. The fortunate thing is that all the kids are sleeping through the night. That's truly a blessing.

This picture of Karcyn was taken last Monday when the temperature got up to 103 (although I think it was hotter here than at the airport). That is NOT water soaking her head and shirt. It is SWEAT. That's for perspective.

1 comment:

JandS Morgan said...

Yep, that is absolutely pitiful. Aren't sweat baths supposed to be a luxury :)