Sunday, March 23, 2008

The last 3 days in February

The month of February, especially the last week, was a busy one for our family. Mainly we looked forward with great anticipation for the arrival of my parents. Once they arrived though, meant we would be getting ready for an open house on Friday, the 29th and Jake's baptism on Sat. March 1st. Their first day with us, however, was Wed. the 27th. This was also the Blue and Gold Banquet where Jake, as a new cub scout, earned his Bobcat award and some other segments. (Greeaat....more patches to sew on!) He was excited to be the honorary American flag holder. We are very proud of him and his eagerness for this great program.



Now to get ready for the open house. Fortunatley I had already done the big cleaning jobs preparing for my parents to arrive. Mom and I got the food and did some final touches on the house. Mom's touch always makes everything better, I've found! I'm so glad she could be here to help me with this. We're also grateful for all the friends who could join us in celebrating our first home. We love our little house. And we love our friends. Our door is always open...






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea! I love all the posts! Your house is so cute...from what I can tell from the pics!