Monday, October 7, 2019

Jake Hough, 10.7.19--week 63


"Visions and Open Heart Surgery/Látomások és Nyitott Szivműtét"

Good day to everyone! 

My last week was one of great anticipation as we neared the estimated date that church headquarters said that they would call my stake president and say something about my reassignment. The appointed day came and went about as slow and speedy as dreaded exam results due to an aspiring college student. Nothing was said. I was a little puzzled, yet I knew it wouldn’t be long. The church is usually very punctual in these sorts of matters. 

The next day I was working on preparing to depart once again into the field of labor. I had an unreal sense of urgency to prepare to leave again, though no word had come. I was in this process when mother came to me holding her phone out and said “I think this is for you”. It had the stake president's caller ID, and I realized I had not accounted for the standard time set for members of Christ’s restored church: 5 minutes or longer late! I took the phone from her and felt the intense anticipation burning into my soul. 

I picked it up and was greeted by President Sharp who then explained that they (the Church leaders in SLC) had decided to reassign me stateside proselyting for medical reasons, and then he said I will be serving in the Cincinnati Ohio Mission! I am so, so excited and humbled for this second opportunity to serve my Lord and Savior as a full time teaching missionary for Him. I am happy and honestly beyond privileged to have been able to meet the people I did in Hungary, learn such a gorgeous language, and to be able to bring who I did unto Christ every day. Those experiences were vital and necessary to me becoming the man and servant God needs me to be. As saddening as it may be I am not discouraged nor dragged down into disappointment because of not returning to Hungary. With the modern technologies of flight and email and Facebook keeping in touch with friends from there will be easy compared to half a century ago. And I know this is God’s will. I may not know all the reasons for coming home or receiving such an illness, but I know it has shaped me and changed me and ultimately brought me closer to my family, myself, and my Savior. And if that’s what was needed, then I am ok and humbly accept that fact with a smile. 

The work of God goes forth unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and peoples. We are children of the covenant, of God our Eternal Father, and with that are commissioned by our Elder Brother to continue the work he started with his service and example in Israel 2000 years ago. Shall we, servants and debtors to our eternal God, not go on in so great a cause as this?? I boast in my God, and feel to shout praises to His name! I know this is His work. I know, with a surety that we can make our way down the path towards salvation and exaltation as we open our hearts to the master surgeon to remove certain cysts of rebellion, sin, and hardness that will ultimately enable us to become as He is, receive joy in this life, and to share that joy and gratitude with those we love and see around us who do not yet have it. This is God’s joy, work and glory, and as his children, our joy work and glory.

Love y’all! Have a spirit filled week! 

Jake 


Jó napot mindenkinek!

A múlt hét nagy várakozás volt, mivel közeledett az a dátum, amikor az egyház központ azt mondta, hogy felhívják a cövekelnököm és mondanak valamit az missziómat illetően. Az a nap eljött és lassan és gyorsan ment, mint a félelmetes vizsga eredményekre egy főiskolai tanuló vár. Semmit nem mondtak. Kicsit zavarban voltam, mégis tudtam, hogy nem lesz sokáig. Az egyház általában nagyon pontos ilyen ügyekben.

Másnap arra készültem, hogy ujra elinduljak a misszió területére. Hihetetlen volt a sürgősségem, hogy újra felkészüljem, hogy elmenjek, annak ellenére, hogy egyetlen hir sem jött addig. Ebben a folyamatban voltam, amikor anyám eléjött hozzám, kinyújtva a telefonját, és azt mondta: „Azt hiszem, ez neked szól.” Megvolt a cövek elnöknek hívóazonosítója, és rájöttem, hogy nem számoltam be a Krisztus visszaállított egyház tagjai megállapított szokásos időtartamról: 5 perc vagy többre később! Elvettem tőle a telefont, és éreztem az intenzív várakozást ég a lelkembe. Elerkezett az idő.
Felvettem, és Sharp elnök mondta sziáját, és aztán elmagyarázta, hogy orvosi okok miatt úgy döntöttek, hogy áthelyezzenek engem az amerikai misszio területében, és hogy a Cincinnati Ohio missziójában fogok szolgálni! Annyira izgatott vagyok és megalázott ebből a második lehetőségből, hogy az én Uramat és Megváltómat teljes tanitó misszionáriusként szolgáljam. Örülök és őszintén meghaladom a kiváltságom, hogy megismerhetem azokat az embereket, akiket Magyarországon megismertem, megtanultam egy ilyen gyönyörű nyelvet, és képes voltam arra, hogy mindenkit Krisztusra meghivhassam. Ezek a tapasztalatok lényegesek és szükségesek voltak ahhoz, hogy az az emberré váljak, és Istennek szükségem van rám. Bármilyen szomorú is lehet, nem vagyok szomorú, és nem belemerülek csalódásba mert nem térek vissza Magyarországra. A repülés, az e-mail és a Facebook modern technológiáinak köszönhetően könnyű lesz a kapcsolataimat tartani azokkal a barátokkal, mint fél évszázaddal ezelőtt. És tudom, hogy ez Isten akarata. Lehet, hogy nem ismerem az összes okot, amiért hazajöttem vagy ilyen betegséget kapok, de tudom, hogy ez alakított meg és megváltoztatott, és végül közelebb hozott engem a családhoz, magamhoz és Megváltómhoz. És ha erre volt szükség, akkor rendben vagyok, és alázatosan mosolyoggal elfogadom ezt a tényt.
Isten munkája továbbra halad minden nemzet, nemzetség, nyelv és nép számára. A szövetség gyermekei vagyunk, az Isten örök atyánknak, és idősebb Testvérünkben megbizottak vagyunk arra, hogy folytassunk azt a munkát, amelyet 2000 évvel ezelőtt az Izrael szolgálatával és példájával kezdte meg. Vajon mi, örök Istenünk szolgái és adósai, ne induljunk ilyen nagy ügyben? Büszkélkedek Istenemben, és úgy érzem, hogy dicséretet kiabálok az Ő nevére! Tudom, hogy ez az ő munkája. Biztosan tudom, hogy tovább tudunk lépni az szabaditás és a felmagasztalás felé vezető úton, amikor megnyitjuk a szívünket a fősebészhez, hogy eltávolítsa a lázadást, a bűnt és a keménység bizonyos cisztáit, amelyek lehetővé teszik számunkra, hogy olyanok légyünk, mint Ő, hogy Örömöt szerezzünk ebben az életben, és megosztjunk ezt az örömöt és hálát azokkal, akiket szeretünk és látunk körülünk, akik még nem rendelkeznek ezzel. Ez Isten öröme, munkája és dicsősége, és gyermekeiként, örömünk, munkájunk valamint dicsőségünk.
Szeretlek Benneteket nagyon! Legyen lélekkel töltött hét számotokra!
Jake



Me and my twin cousin who just returned from his mission in Ghana!
Unokatestvérem aki éppen tért vissza missziojáról Ghanában meg én!
A very big lightning bolt from a very intense thunderstorm we drove through last night
Nagy villám nagyon feszült zivatarból mig hazavezettünk tégnap este 

A pretty sunset from the same storm 
csodaszép naplemente ugyanaz a zivatarból 

My new mission!
Az új misszióm!

younger brother playing baseball as the catcher
öcsém baseballt játszolva elkapóként 

Our family is SO excited for Jake and his reassignment to serve in the Ohio Cincinnati Mission. We won't know the day he reports in Ohio until we get the official "call" by email within the next week. But he put his availability date as this Wednesday, 10/9. 

After we had a minute to let the excitement settle in, I asked Jake, "Sooo, do you know how to preach the gospel in English?" He laughed a nervous chuckle and replied, "We're going to find out!" Haha!! 

And as if on cue, later Thursday evening, after Jake was able to share his mission news with all of his siblings, our laminated poster of Hungary that we had on the wall in our living room, came tumbling down. Almost like it's crumbled over in sadness. In the past 18 months that it has been hanging on our wall since Jake received his mission call in the Spring of 2018, it's never fallen before. I guess it "knew" it was time to close this chapter in Jake's missionary adventure so he can begin a new one! We cannot wait to hear about all the miracles that will be his while in Ohio--a mission that has been around since 1830! 

2 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

My parents just entered the MTC, going to the Columbus, Ohio mission... Just one mission over! We'll be driving down to see them this summer if you need us to get anything to Jake 😊

April said...

We are beyond thrilled for you Jake! Your testimony is so strong! Tears were coming down my face asp you our Lord and Savior! We are thrilled for you! Look out Ohio!! May the Lord continue to carry you on HIS path! Love and hugs! Sister Walkenhorst and family I am sure Joshua is beaming for you too!♥️♥️♥️