Monday, October 14, 2019

Jake Hough, 10.14.19--week 64

"Going up to the mountain of the Lord/ az Ur hegyének felmászolàsa"

Heeeeellllllllooooooo everybody! 

I must say, having had the craziest week of my life to this point, I have really learned what it means to say “on the LORDS timetable.” His ways, are not man's ways. 

I found myself sitting at home waiting to do something with my brother, when I saw on Facebook that a dear senior couple from my mission was giving a homecoming talk in Orem Utah on Sunday the 13th. I knew them well, and knew of the sacrifice they had given for the work of salvation in Hungary. It was substantial. Immediately I felt the need to go out to Utah, in under a week, and provide personal thanks and greetings to these missionaries. I don’t know why I did, but I know that the prompting was large enough and in such an amount that I could not deny it. 

I had to go. 

I talked with Mom and Dad and they were supportive of my decision, though rightfully wary of my departure time for my mission that we had yet to receive. I too wondered about it, but knew if the Lord needed me to be at that talk in Utah, He would provide a way for me to be there and be back in time. But I had to listen to His voice and will. So I bought a round trip ticket from Austin to Salt Lake from Friday to Monday and flew out with nothing but a backpack and myself and enough money for food and transit. 

This trip was very needed. Not in the sense of getting away though. Along with the obvious command to visit these missionaries, I have seen campus life at BYU, been around good college kids, experienced what that will be like, the area, Family History experience in Salt Lake, everything I gained from this trip has benefited me as an individual and as a missionary. Now I can go out and work as hard as I can as I missionary and not worry about what college MAY be like, or how I MAY react to it. That’s gone. I’m ready to rock it in Cincinnati.

But when I got to Salt Lake Friday, I found out I was to leave on my mission at 12:30pm Monday out of south Houston. This became problematic because of me being in Utah and not arriving home to Austin until 1:00pm. I remained unworried however, knowing that God always provides a way for those that do His will and follow His guidance. Sure enough we were able to get me on a plane Wednesday at noon. Enough time to get home and get fully ready. A testimony to me of our entitlement to the Lord's help when we are on the Lord's errand. 

As I sit and ponder over the last few months, I realize that I am so blessed to have served in Hungary, to experience a foreign culture and language, and to learn the spiritual truths I did from those around me. Honored and humbled. Yet this was planned from the beginning. This time period of health failure and healing, a necessary stepping stone for me on my path to service in God’s church, and exaltation in the life to come. Much light, knowledge, and experience have been my guiding mariners on the seas of spiritual doubt and uncertainty; and I find myself rejoicing in the salvation of man through Jesus Christ. How lucky we are to have the knowledge we have of saving ordinances, the spirit, and the more comprehensive knowledge of God’s eternally deep and individual love for each of us, His children. If we know these things, and have been blessed by them, we must be careful and remember we have a duty to God to share what we know with those we know. The duty of man is to learn what God would have him do and say. Let us say what we feel for the gospel with confidence in Christ, so that we may all say at the last day “Hosanna to God in the highest, and glory be to him for time and all eternity.”

I am grateful for all the love and support I have seen, felt, and received through your prayers and actions. I am excited to leave and to finish what I started a year ago. Let us all, press on in the work of the Lord. 

Szeretlek Benneteket! 

Jake 




Szzzzziiiiiaaaaa Miiiiiiiiindenkiiiiii!!

Hát, kene mondanom, a legdurvább hétem életemben élese után, valóban megtanultam mit jelent amikor mondja “az Úr menetrendjén.” Az útjai, sokszor nem az embernek útjai. 

Megtaláltam magamat otthon várva öcsém, hogy tegyünk valamit amikor Facebookon láttam hogy egy drága idősebb misszionárius pár Magyarországtól a hazatérési beszédeket mondanák Utahban október 13-én. Nagyon jól ismertem, meg azt is ismertem, hogy milyen nagy áldozatot vegul csinaltak a Magyarország szabadításának munkájáért. Valódi volt. Azonnal éreztem a szükségletet arra, hogy menjem Utahba, és átadni élőben a hálámat meg köszönetemet nekik. Nem tudtam miért így vezetve volt az Úr, pedig eleget tudtam, hogy a sugalmazás amelyet kaptam elég nagy volt hogy nem volt képességem rá, hogy megtagadjam. 

Muszály hogy menjem.

Megbeszéltem anyám és apámmal róla, és támogató voltak döntésem iránta, bár körültekintő az indulási időpontom szemben mert se nem kaptunk egyet addig. Én is gondolkoztam azon, de tudtam, hogy ha az Úrnak volt szüksége rám Utahban, akkor adná az utat, hogy legyek Utahban meg visszatérjem időben misszió számára. De kene hallgatnom hangja meg akaratára. Úgyhogy vettem returjegyet texasról Utahra péntektől hétfőig és odarepültem hátizsákkal és csak annyi pénzzel az étel meg közlekedésnek érdekében. 

Ez az utazás kellett történie. Nem azon a gondolkodáson, hogy csak pihenés texastol. Azzal a látható okkal hogy látogassam azokat ám misszionariusokat, már láttam a Byu életét, voltam jó fejek körül, tapasztaltam amit milyen lesz amikor igazán visszatérek misszióról, mindezt szereztem az utazástól jó volt kedvemre emberként meg misszionariuskent. Most tudok elmenni és dolgozni nehezen, nem aggódva arról hogy milyen lesz egyetem és minden ami jön azzal. Elmentek azok a gondok. Most készen állok megkeresztelni Cincinnatit.

Úgy alakult, hogy amikor érkeztem Utahba, akkor tanultam covek elnökömből hogy mennem kell misszióra hétfőn fél egy óra kor. Ez bajos lett mert Utahban vagyok, és érkezem Texaszba egy óra kor hétfőn. Ezek ellenére maradtam nyugodt, tudva Isten mindig ellátja az utat azoknak akik beteljesíteni akaratat és követni irányítását. És lőn, hogy tudtunk változni mikor menjem szerdára, adva elég idő nekem hogy visszatérjem. Bizonysagos pillanat nekem arról az igazságról hogy jogosultak vagyunk az Úr segítségre amikor az Úr küldetésére indulunk. 

Amint ülök és elgondolkodom a múlt néhány hónapra, felismerem azt, hogy nagyon áldott vagyok mert szolgáltam Magyarországon, tudtam tanulni új kultúráról, nyelvről, és azokról a lelki igazságokrol amiket fontosnak tartom. Megalázott vagyok. Pedig ez meg volt terve a kezdettől fogva. Ez a toltoo időszak egészségügyi kudaroval, gyógyulással, szükséges lépcsőfok volt az istenhez való visszateresemre. Sok fény, tudás, meg tapasztalat volt irányítóm a lelki kétségnek tengerein, és örvendezek az embernek szabaditasaban Krisztusnak köszönhetően. Milyen szerencsés vagyunk mert tudunk szabadító szertartasokrol, a szent lelek szerepeterol, és több tudás a mi valódi Istennel kapcsolatunkrol, meg hogy mi az Ő gyermekei vagyunk mi. Ha tudjuk ezeket a dolgokat, akkor óvatosnak kell lennünk és emlékezzünk, hogy van feladatunk Istennek hogy megosztjuk azt amit tudunk azokkal akit ismerünk. Hadd mondjuk azt amit érzünk az evangéliumot illetően Krisztusba vetett hittel, hogy mindannyiunk tudhassunk mondani dicsőség legyen Istennek most és mindörökké.

Hálás vagyok a támogatást meg szeretetet amit láttam meg éreztem az imaitok és cselekvéseitek által. Izgatottan várom az indításomat és hogy befejezzem azt, amit elkezdtem tavaly. Hadd, bátran végezzük Urunk nagy munkáját. 

Szeretlek Benneteket! 

Jake 

Jake and his amazing MTC instructor, Squire Testver. He was the only other Hungarian-speaking male at the MTC when Jake was there. :) 
Rock climbing in Rock Canyon in Provo with (Elder) Nathan Fales--(and friends :)--who Jake went on exchanges with frequently while in Gyor and Tatabanya. 
An impressive group of Hungarian missionaries to welcome home Elder and Sister Schow! Sister Schow cried when she saw Jake had come. 
The guy to the right of Jake is (Elder) James Bridges--Jake's last companion in Hungary who completed his mission and went home two weeks after Jake came home. The guy to the left, is (Elder) Jack Spencer who shared a flat with Jake and Bridges in Gyor the last two months before Jake came home and has since finished his mission as well. It was really special for Jake to see these guys again under better health circumstances. Bridges always calls Jake "Fluff Daddy"! Haha!!
Sister missionaries that Jake knew while serving in Hungary who have all since come home!

No comments: