Monday, October 21, 2019

ELDER Jake Hough, 10.21.19--week 65


"Opening the Floodgates of Heaven/nyílva a mennyek zsilipeit"

Hellllllllloooooooooooo Everyone!!

What an honor and blessing it is indeed to have become a set apart member of God's army once again. I am so, so grateful for this opportunity to once again serve in the name of Christ, for Christ, and because of Christ. The sad truth of being home was in fact that I felt like a missionary without the calling, which made it very, very hard to feel comfortable. But the minute I was set apart as a missionary I felt normal. God knew I had a work to yet be fulfilled and I have full faith once I am released from my mission after full service I will be comfortable and ok with that in my soul.

Getting here was really fun, the plane landed around 3 and I sat next to an Aggie student on the way and directed her to the YSA events at the institute after the flight. Be looking for her! A PhD student teaching math haha. The Kentucky Cincinnati airport is really pretty, and as I made my way around I figured I'd go to baggage claim since no one told me anything else on when or where we'd meet. As I walked I saw a green sign that read "TORNADO SAFTEY BUNKER" and I was so happy about that. The Ensigns (mission president and his wife) met with me and didn't get to have dinner with me or give me a tour of cincy because I came in on an off day, and they had to take an elder home, so they handed me off to the Assistants once I got to the mission home and they took me to my area. Just like that I was thrown back into the game. I would prefer it that way haha. 

I was taken to the furthest most area northeast of the mission to Springfield, Ohio. It's a really cool midsized yet hood town, with a surprisingly high population of Haitians that live here. I am serving with Elder Brown, the legend himself. He's been out 14 months, been in Springfield 3 transfers and is a machine of a missionary. So strong, so urgent, and very powerful in his teaching. I'm lucky to have him. We also live in a very hilly area and we are on bikes, perfect for living a guilt free mission from all the meals members provide. It is however a very intense bike ride home at night up a highway hill with barely 1 bike width shoulder hehe. The Lord works his protections very frequently for us. 

To end I just want to say that in the 3 days we have served together we have begun to figuratively and literally open flood gates here in Springfield. We were very busy every day, but despite this we found 6 new people to teach, all of which are meeting again or have already met again with us and are on second lessons. Strong, progressing individuals. Just last night looking for directions somewhere we ended up talking to two ladies who lived on that corner and we meet tonight with them. It was an amazing and natural conversation we had and as me and Elder Brown have been striving diligently for a pattern of repetitive, recurring repentance coupled with active accountability personally with God, with each other, and as a companionship with God we have seen miracle after miracle and it's only been 3 days. We are confident and faithful it be the Lord's will that Springfield be harvested as the second coming approaches. We are witnesses of that harvest occurring now. 

I love this life, and this mission! I am ready to keep working hard for the Lord!

Szeretlek Benneteket!

Elder Hough [Elder]


Sziiiiiiia mindenki!

Milyen nagy áldás meg becsület van nekem, hogy el lettem választva Isten seregének tagjává megint. Én nagyon, nagyon hálás vagyok e lehetőségért a Krisztus névében történő szolgáltatásában, Krisztusért, meg Krisztusnak Köszönhetoen. A szomorú igazság lévén otthon az volt, hogy úgy tekitettem magamat  mint misszionárius csak elhívás nélkül, amely nagyon kellemetlenitett engem. De a percben amikor ráruháztak a helyénvaló felhatalmazással normálisnak éreztem. Isten tudta, hogy még előttem van munkám ami el kell teljesedni es nagx hittem van arra hogy amikor vegrehajtam missziomat es visszahivnak, hogy jol fog erezni nekem. 

Az utazás Cincinnatiba nagyon kellemes volt, a repülőgép leszállt 3 órakor körül es a repülés közben ültem egy Aggié tanuló mellett házi városomból haha. Adtam címet a FFE épület ahol tevékenységek vannak korszakja szamara. A kentucky cincinnati reptér nagyon szép, es amig sétálgattam láttam egy jelt ami azt mondta "itt van a tornádo biztonsagi hely", és nagyon boldnak éreztem. A misszio elnököm találkozott velem a Pogányvisszakapasi helyen. Nem volt rá idő hogy megismerjem a misszió házat meg kapni egy vacsorát tőlük, csak átadtak engem az asszisztenseknek és mentem az új területemnek! Pont ugy, a jatekba merültem. Úgy szeretem haha. 

Jelenleg Springfield Ohióban vagyok, a legmesszebb terület az eszak-kelet irányba. Nagyon kiraly atlagosan nagy varos pedig necces is pár részben. Emlekeztet engem tatabányara haha. Keszen áll sok áldásra. Én Brown Elderrel vagyok, legendás ember. Nagyon érős, nagyon kemenyen dolgozik, meg nagyon hatalmas tanitasai vannak. Szerencsés vagyok hogy szolgálók vele most. Lakunk ahol sok domb van es használunk bicikliket. Tökéletes helyzet arra, hogy szégyenérzet nélkül élhetek amikor eszek sokat az egyházatoktól haha! Pedig nagyon feszült a biciklizés haza minden este haha a domb nagyon meredek...úgyhogy mindig izomlázom van. 

Csak azt akartam mondani, hogy nagyon jó volt a hét, és izgatott vagyok a következőre. Isten műveli csodáit. Jó lesz a jövönk. 

Szeretlek Benneteket!

Hough Elder


Preaching in the hood.
The Legend himself--Elder Brown.
 A long building directory. :)
P.S. Sounds like Jake won't be getting a new name tag, so Hungary will be represented in Ohio!! If nothing else, it's a great way to start a conversation. ;) 

No comments: