Sunday, April 18, 2010

A peek into my pantry

Thanks to my friend Jan who steered me to www.thecanorganizer.com, I now have a happy pantry. Some genius created a can rotater (-is that a word? It is now-) out of cardboard and I'm only sad I didn't think of it first! Before the can organizer, my shelves had rows and columns of cans stacked precariously on top of each other. Stocking the shelves after shopping was always a delicate and dreaded operation. All it would take is one quick breeze by, or an accidental little bump, for the all the cans, minus the one on the bottom, to topple over, often causing a domino effect. Very frustrating. And then came the cardboard solution.

For $3 per organizer, it was worth the risk to me. Especially if it ultimately meant order and organization. I purchased 3 sets for 12 total. I got the small cupboard size and they fit perfectly on my shelving in the "pantry". Best 35 bucks I've spent in a long time. I LOVE them....for exactly what they are...cardboard can organizers that help me rotate and store my canned food items. I wish I had a before picture of my shelves. But it doesn't matter. Look at them now! And I've got space for even MORE to STORE. My kids argue over who gets to put the cans away and take them out for meals. Who would have thought food storage could be so exciting?

4 comments:

runningfan said...

What a cheap solution! I love it!

Kim-the-girl said...

That looks pretty awesome!

JandS Morgan said...

Now I really wish I had room for those, they make it look so nice and organized.

Cam said...

thanks for the tip- I'm totally getting some of these! I am ready to be organized!!