Monday, April 28, 2008

One big event down, one to go!

It's over. Hooray! I survived speaking in Stake Conference this weekend. As far as my prep work, I'm pretty amazed at how quickly my talk came together and how nervous I wasn't. I was calm during the entire session even leading up to my talk in the second half of conference and then during. I know both these things are blessings and I felt lifted by those who kept me in their thoughts and prayers this week. Thank you soooooooooooooooooooo very much!

Apparently everyone speaking got one week's notice (just a head's up warning for the rest of you...don't answer your phone the weekend prior to stake conference). I sure hope no one thinks I was griping about our stake presidency in my previous post for being asked to speak so close to my due date and with what I thought wasn't enough notice. It was shock. We have an amazing Stake Presidency and I love to hear what they have felt inspired to share at these meetings to help us be better.

So now that the talk is behind me, I'm ready for the next big event. Your turn Calvin! I was kind of hoping the speaking assignment would send me into labor, but no such luck. Any day now....the sooner the better. Today marks the third friend of mine due at the same time or AFTER me that has already had their baby. Ugh. Not what Jenn likes to hear.

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

I'm glad that your talk went well, though, of course it did... you're amazing! I'm not sure I can feel sorry for you yet on the baby... talk to me when your 4 days late and your sis-in-law who was due 2 weeks before you has already has hers. :o)

Lindsey said...

Glad the talk went well.

Calvin has to hold on until May 4th (I think that is what I guess for the baby pool)!

millerjk said...

So are you spending your birthday having a baby?