Saturday, April 19, 2008

No baby this week...

My fate has been sealed...at least for the upcoming week. I've got 15 days to go before my due date and this afternoon I was asked to speak in Stake Conference next Sunday, April 27th. I humbly accepted the invitation but I did mention my impending arrival could possibly come before then, though I didn't expect him to. The stake counselor was very understanding and said he knows there are certain circumstances out of our control. He then said that in the event this does occur, Jared could speak instead. (I thought that was kind of funny. Jared did not.) However, I firmly believe that because I have been extended this assignment and because I accepted, that Heavenly Father will make it possible that this baby will "cook" a little longer and won't make an appearance before I have a chance to speak. (But I'm soooooo ready to be done!)

Although....now that I think about it....if I'm going to be running around like a crazy woman all week trying to get this talk prepared and ready for Sunday morning, I'd BETTER have a chance to give it or I'll be pretty darn upset.

Admittedly, I do tend to "panic" somewhat when preparing talks. Usually only in cases where I have less than 14 days to prepare (which has happened with the last three talks I've given). But this isn't just Sacrament meeting. This is STAKE CONFERENCE. At least triple the pressure! When I told Jared about the recent events of this afternoon he said "So....on a scale of 1-10, where's your panic mode?"

Confidently, I said, "12."

To which he replied, "Sounds about right."

7 comments:

Rachel said...

OH my heavens! What session are you speaking at???

Temporarily Me said...

Good luck, Jen!! I know you will do fantastic! Kim :)

Becky said...

I have a few magic pills I could share with you.....

Unknown said...

How in the world did you manage to get to on the stake pres. "talk list??" It just goes to prove that I was right...you are an amazing person...even the stake pres. knows it!!

Cort said...

Honestly, who asks a pregnant woman, not just pregnant but VERY pregnant woman to speak in church? Did he ask you and then run?

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Seriously, I can't believe they asked you to do that. And sucks to be you because you're right; there's no way that kid is coming now! I'll try to think of you on Monday when I'm holding my little guy ;)

Brosita said...

How did your talk go...I thought about you today.
Hope you get a good nap today!