Sunday, December 2, 2007

It's a Hough!

True to Hough form, the tradition continues. Baby #4 is a boy. (I knew we were having a boy. I even wore blue from head to toe the day of the ultrasound to prove my point. Actually, I figured all our kids would be boys because that's what these Hough men tend to do...produce boys!) It's exciting to finally know the gender of the baby, but I'll tell ya, I've been very surprised by how many people are almost sympathetic for us because we didn't get another girl. Sure, it would have been convenient to have a girl for the sake of bedrooms and decorating purposes. But we had another baby to have another Hough, regardless of its gender. Prior to the ultrasound, Jake and Cooper admitted they were hoping for a girl. But as soon as we told them it was a boy, they cheered with delight. In fact, Cooper was so thrilled, he cheered so much he almost fell off the top bunk. I had no doubt they'd love their baby brother as soon as they laid eyes on him, but until that moment came, I was grateful for their open excitement at the early news.

7 comments:

Cort said...

Congratulations. I seriously love boys, I pray for all boys. I'm scared to death of girls. I've decided if I ever have a girl I need to have a savings account purely for the therapy they'll need to undo how I've messed them up.

Lindsey said...

Congrats on another boy. Glad to hear he looked healthy and is growing well.

JandS Morgan said...

That's great the kids were so excited. You should probably buy stocks in air fresheners. You're going to need them unless you want your house to smell like locker room :)

Rachel said...

Hurray for three boys and a girl! By far the best combination I can imagine!

Heather E. said...

Congrats that is awesome....we are partial to boys as well..Congrats!!

Fab7 Family said...

How exciting! Babies always bring such a special spirit into a home, whether they're a boy or a girl. In fact, all this baby talk makes me wish I could have more.

Kim-the-girl said...

Hooray! We love boys! Glad all is well!