Sunday, December 2, 2007

What's that white stuff??

Sat. December 1st began the first big moving day for us--the garage and all packed boxes/bins. I was in the garage while Jared took the first load over around 9:30am when big white snowflakes started falling from the sky. Having lived with snow most my life, I tend to think it's a little overrated (you don't have to shovel rain). But here in the northwest, it's not a very common thing to get it and I was surprised by my awe as the snow came down and the quiet stillness around me. It really was beautiful. The snow didn't stick of course, but watching it fall was lovely.


I went inside to tell the kids and found Karcyn's nose already pasted to the back door. I'm sure she was wondering "what's that white stuff?" She was too little last year to remember our drive to Utah for the holidays. So I took her outside for a little introduction. Karcyn, this is snow. Snow, this is Karcyn. She seemed to like it though she kept her head down at first trying to avoid direct contact with her face. Discovering we'd be out there more than a couple minutes, I wrestled on her marshmallow coat (which she hates) and we played and watched for a little longer. The mysterious white stuff didn't last very long, but even I appreciated the little December treat.

7 comments:

Cort said...

So cute! I love how you categorize your other bloggers by state. I may have to steal that idea.

Lindsey said...

December 1st was also our first snow of the year. Jadyn wasn't quite sure what to make of it either. She finally said "No know" when I asked her if she liked the snow!

JandS Morgan said...

What a cutie pie. I had a hard time getting pics just because the flakes were so big the camera kept focusing on them instead of the kids.

Rachel said...

You tell Karcyn I love her marshmallow coat and think she looks adoreable in it! (that'll get her to love it for sure!) :) Can't wait to see the new house. Good luck in all this RAIN!!!!

Fab7 Family said...

Karcyn is always smiling--I love it!

Kim-the-girl said...

So cute! I never thought I'd miss snow, but not being in contact with anything closely resembling snow this year is kind of sad. :(

Unknown said...

Karcyn is really growing up. She looks adorable!