Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Jake Hough, 7.9.19--week 50


Sziasztok Mindenki!


Its been a rough week. Im gonna be real and transparent. My sleep took a turn for the worst, I cant get to sleep, I just doze for 8 hours, all the while hitting patches of intense sleep paralysis like dreams of things in the room with me at night and it just has NOT been pleasant haha! Literally an understatement. Terrible. It feels like the life in me is slowly being drained out of me into some silo that I cant reach to refuel and get back at it. But I cant find it. It is hidden from my view. I have been up basically all night the last two days, and while starting to not enjoy going to bed because of the events that transpire at night for me, I fear going to bed, I talked to a friend who has been struggling with similar symptoms and health problems, and they said that they listen to a hymn to help them stay calm when the nights get a bit scarier. 

11.    Abide with me; 'tis eventide.
The day is past and gone;
The shadows of the evening fall;
The night is coming on.
Within my heart a welcome guest,
Within my home abide.
22.     Abide with me; 'tis eventide.
Thy walk today with me
Has made my heart within me burn,
As I communed with thee.
Thy earnest words have filled my soul
And kept me near thy side.
33.    Abide with me; 'tis eventide,
And lone will be the night
If I cannot commune with thee
Nor find in thee my light.
The darkness of the world, I fear,
Would in my home abide.
O Savior, stay this night with me;
Behold, 'tis eventide.
O Savior, stay this night with me;
Behold, 'tis eventide.

I have also found strength in these words of peace and comfort, told from the mouth of one who is suffering through the night of darkness. If we plead and pray for the Savior's presence in the night, to give us comfort and peace through the terrors of the night, be it an actual night or spiritual one, we will receive according to our faith. I know this to be true. 

Today I had the joy and opportunity to see my good friend brad baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, taking his first steps onto the covenant path. I was overfilled with joy and thanksgiving to my God, for allowing me the opportunity to play a role in supporting him on his way to the waters of baptism. He is a great man, and stalwart spirit. Im excited to see what the Lord has in store for him. THIS is why we are here. To bring others to the truth that we hold dear. If we don't share it, what are we?


I have also been spending time with my siblings, which has been nice, we went fishing and I bought an outdoor projector to watch movies on the giant screen outside when the sun goes down. Im excited to try it out and to find something else to do with my brothers and sisters. I love them and am enjoying being with them and just spending time with them. 
 

I love yall, and I love my God. I know He is real, He is all knowing, and loves us unconditionally only as a father could. He wants us to learn how to be happy, even if that means allowing us to pass through the gaping jaws of hell to learn it and gain that experience. He will never let us go through something we cannot handle. Hold to that truth, and don't let go.

Szeretlek Benneteket!

Jake



No comments: