Monday, July 29, 2019

Jake Hough, 7.29.19--week 53


"Reflections and Reasons for Hope"

SZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAA MIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDENKIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!

What a WEEK! It was so good, it was progressive, and reflective, and just an opportunity for me to grow into some of the critical principles of the gospel. I think that the most rewarding and spiritually progressive times in our lives IS in fact when we suffer, for how can we learn to change if we dont have opposition or things that beset us? For it is in our Savior, even Jesus Christ, that we are able to lay aside those things that easily beset us, and to embrace Him for who He is and what He did for us, becoming one with Him and ultimately one with God. By trying just a little harder to be just a little better throughout trials, we are showing our allegiance and love and loyalty to God, giving Him more reason to entrust us with more responsibility in the Kingdom and ultimately more blessings as a result. 

So its been a good week Id say!

We did in fact meet with a doctor to receive the official results of the test, and it was a really bad case of Narcolepsy, the worst they had seen in years haha! Just gotta be that overachiever, I guess! But we talked about medicine and such and as I researched the taking of illegal drugs legally into Europe for medical purposes and how and how much and all that, I began to be hopeful, because it is definitely possible to get them in, not a problem. I began to feel the possibility of a miracle happening. The excited yet reserved feeling of hope had taken root in my soul, and I felt really happy for a few days. Then, I was listening to a talk from Elder David A Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, entitled "The Call To Serve" April 2017. I encourage everyone to read it, the power and spirit behind that talk is unrestrained. As I listened to this Apostle speak about how the call to serve and the desire is the key, not where you go, I realized that I should hope for this to work, I really should. I care about the people in Hungary and that is not a wrong thing to do. But, I realized in that moment that all Id like to do is show God He can trust me to go where He wants me to go and say what He wants me to say, and that may require letting go of Hungary as a full time missionary. I admit, that realization was not an easy one. Not at all. But I do want to serve God unconditionally, which requires me to overcome my appetites and desires and put God's above my own as the Savior did and continues to do. So yes, I am hopeful for returning to Hungary. I will try everything within my power to get back there. But should that door close its gonna be a quick turn around to where I need to go and who I need to serve. If we try our best to ask ourselves "Lord, what wouldst thou have me do?" then we will be more enabled to receive that instruction and guidance from the Holy Ghost. 

I had the chance to spend time with an old friend from high school and go fishing and just spend time together talking, joking, laughing, and that entire night I felt like I was in a pocket of time and space. A safe haven from the cares of the world while on that lake fishing. The sunset was absolutely stunning, as well as the view. Needless to say we didnt catch anything haha! I just really enjoyed that time we had to enjoy each others friendship and to be out in nature, taking in God's creations. It was a good time to reflect on the mirror calm lake.

I know this gospel to be true with all my heart. I wouldn't be the man that I am today, and the man I am going to be in a few years, without the Gospel of Jesus Christ at the center of my life. I love Him, and know He loves me, and I know that Joseph Smith was a choice boy and saw God the Father, and His Son Jesus Christ in the flesh, in person, as they brought to pass the beginning of the restoration of the fulness of times. This restoration has blessed my life in immeasurable ways, and I pray that we all may share what we know and have experienced with our friends, that they may also be partakers of the great gift of salvation.

Szeretlek Benneteket!

Jake


Conference talk: "Called to the Work," David A. Bednar, April 2017.

No comments: