Monday, June 24, 2019

Jake Hough, 6.24.19--week 48


Dont Stop Me Now!! I'm having Such a Good Time, I'm Having a Baaaaaaaall

SSSSSSSSSSZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAASSSZTOOOOOOOOOOOOK MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

I have been recently playing a lot more piano to fill my time and to not go crazy from sitting inside all day, and I took up a few classic rock songs for the piano, among them Bohemian Rhapsody, Somebody to Love, and Hotel California. Ive always wanted to take a stab at those old classics on the piano. Its been fun, challenging, strenuous, and just exciting to go at a piano and pound some chords like those out on the keys. Not always perfect-actually never perfect haha, but I try my best, and give every single try my best. If I get stuck or mess up to the point of interupting the flow of the song, I stop and take a breath, wipe the sweat from my brow and look harder at the music, taking my time working through that ONE spot over and over until my fingers and my hands and my mind get it and then I go for the bigger section and play through the trouble spot. And sometimes I just play the whole thing through a few times to get it in rhythm and in real time. 

In a sense, I feel that I'm working through a spot in the song of my life that needs to be worked through and needs to be worked on before I can move on, before I can continue the symphony that is my life, God needs to work the kinks outta me. Whatever that kink may be, whether he is trying to add chords to make it a better song or take some out to make it simpler, or even if he is just running through it to run through it because practicing certain parts will make you better. Which is the business we are in right? the business of perfection....eventually.

Szeretlek Benneteket!

Jake

This past week our family attention was spent focused on two of Jake's brothers who each had scheduled surgeries and I guess his other brother was feeling left out, because he got sick on Saturday. Fun times! 

We have a follow-up appointment with the rheumatologist this Wednesday and we're really hoping to learn some things. However, after taking a bucket full of blood three weeks ago, we were also told the office would call if there was a significant finding to chat about. And we haven't heard from them. They say "no news is good news" but when you're hoping for answers, no news is a bit defeating, even if it does eliminate other things. If nothing else, we're sure hoping this doctor will know which direction we need to go in next.

That said, I'm putting a lot of my confidence for answers in the sleep study, scheduled for July 9th. We made sure to get on the cancellation list just in case something pops up sooner. Last night, around 8:20pm, after spending some time together as a family, I noticed a missed call and voicemail on my phone that came in at 7:50. It was the sleep study center. Said they had a cancellation and wanted to know if we could make it. Well, by the time I got the message, it was too late. Noooooooo!!!! I am STILL kicking myself for missing that call!! My phone ringer was off and I didn't have my phone near me so we missed the opportunity to get the study done earlier and I hear those results can take WEEKS to get back. Ugh. I never expected that we'd get a cancellation call in the evening (though it makes sense as the night team doesn't even arrive until 7pm) but I never imagined we'd get a call to do a sleep study on a Sunday! *sigh* Lesson learned. Phone ringer is on at all times now, especially in the evenings.

A fun part of Jake's week was beating his brother, Cooper, in bowling. Twice. Jake bowled a 198, which is a personal record and Cooper got a 126, which he wasn't too happy about considering he qualified for the State bowling competition and his sick bro got him. Haha! What's really cool is that these two bros blessed the Sacrament together for the first time yesterday.
One of Jake's big miracles is that he was able to jog over a mile around our neighborhood (in 90+ degrees and humidity) in about 11 minutes--and lived to tell about it. J He ran cross country in high school and hasn't been able to engage in any physical activity (outside of required walking and bowling with his brother) since the beginning of May when this all started. This was his post-run (and post-shower) picture. He was half dead and looks sad, but I assure you, it was a much needed victory!

1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

I know just what you mean when you're looking/hoping for answers and getting a lot of "we know what it isn't" answers. I've been searching for answers to some health issues since January. I hope you guys can figure this out sooner than later! Praying for y'all!