Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Elder Jake Hough, 9.5.18--week 6


Itt a nagy email, remelem szeretetek neki! (Here is the big email, hope y'all like it!)

Szia AGGGGIELLLLAAAAND! Focsi ido van! (It's Football season!)

Hope all is well in the promised land of the south, football and otherwise, I heard that the Aggies took a win this last week which is awesome! though, it ALWAYS starts this way, so we'll have to wait and see how it goes with Jimbo haha!

This week was AMAZING! Everytime I start thinking the MTC is getting comfortable or monotonous in the daily routine Heavenly Father probably chuckles to himself and says, "monotonous you say? Well, have fun with this". He has a sense of humor no doubt, because of this story that happened this week that was the highlight of the week not for the trial it was but because of the outcome. So I have been carrying my 2 inch binder full of piano music around with me to play when the 5 minutes opportunity to tickle the ivories comes up and I can do that, but it doesn't fit in my scripture bag cause its a 2 inch binder, so I have to carry it, and it's heavy. Another missionary and I have come up with an engineering idea for piano music accesibilty and such to incorporate into pianos but I will keep that to myself for now so no one takes my million dollar idea haha. But one day, I think monday last week, I lost the binder. Straight up, I couldn't find it, I had jsut moved into my room with the Turkish Elders who ARE THE BEST oh my goodness I love them all so much and they are so amazing. But I checked my old room and then I literally looked on every square inch of the room I was then in, in bags, in drawers under beds-Mom, you would be tearing up with pride at how well I scanned these rooms, it was that thorough-and I couldn't find it....I was getting frantic at this point. Not outwardly, but internally. I then realized I should say a prayer and ask for help to know where to look, because Heavenly Father will not help us in our endeavors if we are not ENDEAVORING for them, we must be moving in some sort of direction or he cannot tell us which way to go. So I started looking in every MTC lost and found there was, which with the fact of no free time in the MTC was a feat, and quite a burden for those with me, but they all graciously helped me look basically everywhere I had been with it, and as wednesday came and went, so did friday, and nothing had been found, though the entire time I had been praying morning, night, and everyday. I was still happy and having fun of course, but the nagging urgency to find my binder of music that wasn't for me even I brought it for the Hungarians to be blessed by Gospel Arrangments, was creeping into the forefront of my mind more and more steadily. Finally, saturday morning afterour morning class, I still had not found it. I was really saddened and dissappointed, but at this point of it being almost a week of not finding it, I was in the computer lab on our floor that we frequent often to write emails, read emails, and practice language online. I was preparing for a lesson or something along those lines when one of the Noverek (Frandsen Nover) was by the desk in the lab, and says "Uh, Hough Elder, is your binder big and blue?" Confused I turned my head and said "why yes it is, why do you ask?" She responded with " Because it's right here." The binder had been in the most obvious spot of the entire MTC, but because of it's generic look and size everyone, even other teachers and missionaries had assumed it to be a teachers binder and had left it untouched until we came across it. I checked and it was indeed my binder full of music. 

At that moment, I knew in my heart and mind that Heavenly Father knows each of us on a personal level that can only be described as perfect. He is our literal father, and loves us with a capacity only infinity can understand, and that week he was testing me, trying to see if I would be faithful to him and trust in His will, and to have the faith. And now I can testify to y'all that he is indeed our Father, and loves each of us, and if we ask with sincere hearts and real intent the desires of our hearts whether that be questions, concerns, life trials or afflictions, even the deepest cry a person can ask "Why?" If we ask in faith, then ACT in faith, He will guide or steps whether we know it or not, and some questions are answered in 2 days, 20 years, or after this life, but ALL questions are answered. God Loves each and every one of you, and He loves the Hungarian people so much that he is sending me, a member of His church from College Station Texas, to preach and proclaim His word to them that they may have eternal life. That is just a particle of evidence that shows His love for us. I want each of you, I invite each of you who read this, to sometime this week, whether now or tonight or in two nights, to get down on your knees, and ask your Father in Heaven the desires of your hearts. Any problems or concerns or stresses you have, give them to Him, and ask for answers or help to those quieries. I promise, that as you ask in faith, then ACT in faith, whether that be searching for an answer yourself or searching the Book of Mormon with that question in the front cover or even just continual prayer and listening after that prayer, I promise that He WILL answer you. In one way or another He will. I know this to be true. The words to a hymn will suffice to end this thought "Be still my soul, the Lord is on thy side; With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain. Leave to thy God to order and provide; In every change he faithful will remain." (Hymn 124 Be Still my Soul).

Another cool thing that happened this week was that our district had an experience in class on Saturday that was ridiculously funny on so many levels given the variety of savagery and personality on our class, that caused all of us including Squire testver to laugh for literally an hour of class. It was that funny and just fed off of everyone. I have never laughed so hard or long in my life. The details of the why are not appropriate to diclose in this mass email or other emails, but it was a time for us to come closer as a district as the last 19 day countdown is upon us, and that has some of us worried more than excited so it was a good thing we could spend some time laughing together. 

There is so much more that happened this week that I can't write down, but this Gospel, the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ through Joseph Smith is true. I know this with all my heart. I am humbled by the opportunity to be a fulltime servant of my Savior and to bring these glad tidings of great joy to the Hungarian people. 

til next week! Szeretek Titeket!
Hough Elder


Yasli (Elder) Johnson (one of the Turkish roomies) and I in the morning
Me and Elder Cook (from serving in the Houston temple and First day at the airport) he left today for California spanish Speaking
 Yasli Mitchell and I literally best friends he is so awesome
The district monday night, I finally get to hug someone in a Picture! ;)

No comments: