Thursday, August 23, 2018

Elder Jake Hough, 8.22.18--week 4


Szzzziiiiiaaaaa Aggie-eim! WHOOP!

This week was awesome! Not just because it's awesome to be on a mission, but because of all the opportunities I have had in just this week to come closer to the Savior to really learn what His Atonement is all about, and how to apply it and to really work with the Savior in the bringing salvation to the souls of men through lessons and personal struggle and experience, it has been a humbling get on your knees and ask for help and forgiveness for sure. But If I can do it, you can too. I exhort all of you that if there is anything in y'alls life that is hard, that you can't quite seem to figure out because it is something you have never experienced or it is just straight up hard and seems like a trial in your life, go to the one person in existence that understands your every emotion and is waiting for you to just ask what to do. Jesus will, through your pleadings and cries, because your "tears are counted in the economy of heaven" (Elder Kearon), He will succor you and help you through your trials, even to making your yoke light upon your back. I know it to be true. I have experienced it and have felt that in my life recently and it has been such an amazing week feeling the amount of love God has for everyone of His children. Truly immense. 

Ok, sorry for the tangent, I felt it was needed. Onto the week!

The German elders are leaving next monday and I will have no companions to room with officially, so that is coming up. These elders are just amazing and I love em, they are gonna kill it out in Berlin and Frankfurt and the Alpine mission. Also, for this last week, we have had the option of choosing who to teach out of two of our teachers as investigators, and our tripanionship (the sisters and I) have gone 0-2 on picking who would not be sick, so we have been teaching last minute lessons in Hungarian ALL WEEK. Pretty stressful but we have done well because of the Spirit in the lessons, which has been a fun experience but not fun as in not being prepared haha.

Sister Christensen and I performed! We made it in and got a letter saying we were to perform in the senior missionary welcome devotional, so not a big devotional on Sunday, but we performed in front of the MTC presidency and the senior missionaries incoming and it went great! We couldn't record it sadly, but we got a recording of our last run through before we performed that I will attach to the end of the email, hopefully it downloads ok. I love the song for the spirit of it, so humble and worshipful. Simple in prayer but mighty in spirit. The seniors loved it and the MTC presidency thought it was incredible, which is always a good sign! Also, I signed up on the accompanying list for any singer or performer and I got a note on my desk that was from a French Sister who wanted me to acompany her singing and I was like sure and so I'm trying out with her tomorrow! That was a pleasant surprise for sure haha. I wanted to play the piano more, and when  you ask you shall recieve haha!

On a funnier note, in class one day we were practicing language and we all decided who was most like what Avenger from the Civil War movie, and it was funny because our teacher Squire Testver was SO ACCURATE with it. I was vision, which was funny since he was like "you are nuetral in a lot of stuff" and I said "touche". Wight Nover didn't like affiliating with Iron Man but she has those sarcastic comments that make Iron Man Iron Man, and My companions are black panther and black widow, which is also hilarious. It was a fun day to just laugh with each other for sure. Sometimes in the MTC, you need days like that. 

But yesterday, our devotional was especially special, because we got word through a leaked source it would be someone big, and it was. We had D Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles speak to us!! I was literally dancing in my seat with excitement, and I felt the spirit before he came into the room, it was such a special occasion. But what is even more special is what he talked about, which was something no one expected. He talked to us about how to address The Church. Quoting the prophet Russell M Nelson frequently, Elder Christofferson said "The Lord has made it known to me [President Nelson] the importance of calling the church by it's true name, even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We discourage the use of 'Mormon' or 'LDS' church...The Lord is not pleased with the misuse of His Church's name. He calls each of us to repentance." Wow. There was a lot more in the talk but holy cowboy! We are witnessing revelation in action from the prophet of God's church on the earth today, just as Joseph Smith during the Restoration era of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, when they received all that revelation about the Word of Wisdom and Tithing, that is what is happening now. What a momentous time to be alive when Heavenly Father speaks to His children through a living prophet today. Such a blessing. 

I love y'all, and the weeks in the MTC are coming to a close! Within a month I'll be crossing the Atlantic Ocean...that is so exciting! God's work is going forth to all nations! I love the Gospel and the blessings that come from it and I know that this church is true!

til jovo hetten (Next week)!
Hough Elder





Country shirt!    

District selfie
Temple pic!
 "Tri"panionship at the Big Map
 Guess the drink :)

No comments: