Saturday, June 27, 2009

3 Wishes

On Thursdays, among other things, the boys have some journaling to do as part of their summer structure...which I have yet to blog about. For Jake, he's to write in his journal. Cooper is to finish the prompt I give him. This week's prompt was: If you could have any three wishes in the world, what would they be?

I was expecting a scooter for one wish. Cooper just made it known he really wants a scooter for his birthday. I half expected a Nintendo DS to be listed. But this is what was on his mind instead...

1. a dog
(Okay...I get that. Doesn't every little boy want a dog sooner or later?)

2. a cat
(What? We have a cat. Got her just three months ago. What does he want...one that he doesn't have to feed or clean up after?)

and finally:

3. 'a nuw bruther'

When Jared saw Cooper's three wishes he most assuredly inquired about #3.

Jared: You want a new brother??
Cooper: Yes.
Jared: You already have 2 brothers.
Cooper: I know. I want a new one.
Jared: You have a new one. What's wrong with him?
Cooper: Nothing, I just want another one.
Jared: But you fight with the brothers you have.
Cooper (laughing): I know. I just want another brother.

No comments: