Friday, May 15, 2009

I LOVE SPRING!

Spring is definitely my favorite season. I like fall too, but between the two transitional seasons, spring wins in my book. I hate the iffy weather, but I love that it is getting WARMER not colder. Usually. Spring this year has been very wet and cold. However...I love the new life that's bursting forth in flowers and animals. And I'm sure that my birthday in the spring has nothing to do with it!

I don't think I've met a flower I didn't like. I love them, especially the kind that smell great and the kind that people give to me for whatever reason. But I have a special place in my heart for tulips. We, I mean Jared, planted LOTS in the front patch of our yard by our garage and by our front porch this past fall. It was so exciting to watch them finally come up. We were curious too to see if we had any flower fatalities via death by squirrel because the darned vermin wouldn't stay out of our bulbs!

Recently, we got a rockin' new digital camera with some of our tax refund. It's an Olympus TOUGH. It's water-proof to 33 feet, crush-proof up to 220 lbs, drop-proof from up to 6.6 feet, and freeze-proof to 14 degrees. I was having fun with it as I took these pictures that just make me happy. Kind of like..."Sun-shine...on my shoul-ders...makes me hap-py." :)







1 comment:

JandS Morgan said...

I think this cold winter was a hidden blessing for the bulbs. I had bulbs come up that haven't for the last couple years. I meant to go to the tulip festival in Woodburn this year too, but it just didn't happen. I love them, but I sure wish they lasted longer.