Friday, May 15, 2009

American Idol...watch out!

Cooper has fallen in love with the song "At the Beginning" sung by Richard Marx and some other chick. It's on the "Anastasia" soundtrack. We listen to it occasionally in our van and we all like to sing along. Cooper's actually gotten pretty good at singing it and getting into it. When he heard about his classroom's "Show and Share" program that started up a couple months ago, he knew JUST what we was going to share....singing along with the CD.

Cooper's kindergarten teacher is so great. I emailed her to see if it was first okay to have him sing a song in class. And if it was, could she let me know when he would do it so I could come video tape it. (We just got a rockin' new video camera too...let's just say that the NEW camera is the size of the battery on the OLD video camera. Blows my mind!!) This is how awesome his teacher is...she called ME to find out when I would like to come and see Cooper sing. She knew I'd have little kids to contend with and to find someone to watch them and I just thought that was so cool! Fortunately, my parents had arrived a few days earlier and would be here to watch Karcyn and Calvin for me.

I have GOT to figure out how to upload video snippets to the blog because this one is definitely worthy of it. Actually, he was sitting when he sang and he's much more, MUCH MORE animated and performance driven when he's on his feet. So maybe I'll re-record it with him keeping the beat, etc. here at home. Either way...it's pretty funny. I LOVE that my laughing (because it's so cute and admirable) doesn't deter him. What confidence!! I would NEVER have done that at his age (or THIS age). Kudos to him!! I hope he never loses that love of performing.

1 comment:

JandS Morgan said...

I didn't know you got a new video camera, that is so awesome! What brand is it? I saw someone with one about a 1/4 the size of mine the other day. It is pretty amazing. I wish I could justify replacing ours, but sadly it works as well as the day we got it. Hard to believe we've had it for seven years.

That is great that Cooper is not shy about doing that. It is so much more reassuring to have a child that brave and intrepid. I'd certainly love to see video of it.