Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Jake Hough, 8.13.19--week 55

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sleep"

SZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAA  MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDENKIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Well, this has been a very exciting week. 

Life has begun to slowly flow back into my once feeble limbs.

I feel as invigorating as a mild hop into a cold pool.

And I steadily continue down the road of full recovery and life as a missionary. I have been very excited and humbled by the rapid response to the meds I have been taking, and the effect they are having on my daily life. It is as my father describes: "night and day difference". On multiple occasions it was appropriate to say 'its good to be back everyone!' because it is amazing to be back with y'all among the land of the living and functional haha!

JJ had his baptism this week, which was a phenomenally spiritual experience. He was baptized, and then I had the privilege to perform the confirmation. It is always a humbling and growing experience as you stand in the literal place of God giving those ordinations and blessings. Gives you a little perspective on where you stand and what your purpose is in life. To be a mouthpiece of God in the blessing and serving of the children of God. 

Wednesday we met with the Stake President to give him updates to give to church headquarters regarding my diagnosis and current treatment and recovery. As we talked, we all felt that given the medicine taking a strong effect on my body for the better, and helping me jump back in the game, that there is a strong possibility that I can go back to a proselyting mission as a missionary. Great news. The best news I've heard in a while. The prayers that have been said on my behalf and the behalf of my family have been working, and I want to personally say thank you. Thank you for the thoughts prayers, and the support I have seen thus far along this chapter of my life. It has done more good for me than any of ya could know, and ya'll will be blessed immensely for your service and support. I know that is a fact. Thank you. 

I would implore everyone to really, really get to know how Heavenly Father speaks to you individually. It will be different for everyone. There are common modes of communication through the spirit, but the most powerful promptings and thoughts of guidance come only when we really learn to recognize HOW that prompting comes and affects our spirits, minds, and hearts. Having had a strong spiritual experience along these lines, and having realized what God may be saying and prompting from me, I can testify that it is of paramount importance to be able to see those signs so we may ACT on those signs and therefore be guided in our lives by the loving care of our Father, and to then see His hand even more prominently than ever before. If we could recognize every prompting and act on them accordingly, we will be immensely blessed and grow into the principle of revelation.

Love yall, this was a very positive week, and I look forward to what God holds in store in the future!

Szeretlek Benneteket!
Jake

The big man on his BIG day!!
Now what kind of an amazing brother would have made his younger brother such a dope cake?? (hehe)

No comments: