Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Miracle Cleaner, part 2

The end of February I wrote this post http://www.jjcrew.blogspot.com/2013/02/miracle-cleaner.html

And now I'm giving an update on the super solution because I've had several more opportunities to put it to the test.

1) Calvin snagged a couple strawberries off the counter AFTER being told he couldn't have any. I knew this because when I saw him walk nonchalantly into the kitchen a few minutes later, he had a red dribble stain down the front of his shirt that wasn't there before. He of course denied eating the strawberries. When I told him he had strawberry juice on his shirt he rolled his eyes, flashed his smile and gave in. It wasn't until a couple minutes after his confession that I realized if there's juice on his shirt, there certainly must be juice on the floor or furniture somewhere. I asked him where he ate them. He said his bedroom. I went and investigated. No stains on the carpet or bed. Hmmm. Maybe he really was clean about it. Then it dawned on me. Whenever the kids are trying to sneak something they shouldn't, they ALWAYS go behind the living room couch with their contraband and hide. As I made my way over to the area in question, I stumbled across red stains on the carpet right beside the couch. Grrr. That's twice he lied to me and now there's a mess to clean up. But...I remembered the Branch Basics cleaner. I sprayed some on the floor and left it for a few minutes. Which really meant a few hours because I am so easily distracted. I am seriously amazed I get anything finished in my life. When I went back to check on the stains, they were gone! Disappeared. Vanished. No joke.

2) Jared rode his bike to work one day early in the summer. There was a problem with the rear tire and he asked if I would be able to run it to the shop for him while he was still at work. In the process of getting it into the back of the suburban, however, I managed to get bike grease on my light pink shirt. Dang it. I was pretty bummed about the possible loss of this shirt. But I figured I'd hit it with the Branch Basics. Wouldn't hurt right? The stain was still there when I went to launder it, but when I took it out of the washer...it was like new! Amazing!

3) Our cat Madi disappeared a year and a half ago for about 3 weeks. We figured she was dead. What cat doesn't come back after 21 days? She did. Admittedly, I was a little irritated about her sudden appearance. I was happy for the kids, but she's peed in the house a couple of times and nothing burns me more than the acrid smell of cat urine. Nowadays, I make sure she's outside more than inside. In the spring, I realized that teenage basketball shoes, smell very similar to that of cat pee. Until I discovered this, however, I was panicking--I thought we'd have to burn our house down to get rid of the smell--cat pee that I couldn't locate to save my life. We now have a family law: shoes belonging to teenagers must stay outside. They are not even garage worthy. One day after this shoe ruling, I smelled the ammonia again. Unfortunately, it was the cat this time. She had peed on a pile of blankets that were folded on a small rocking chair, perfectly sized for little kids, that was given to us by Jared's parents. It in fact, was hand crafted by a patient of Jared's dad. Irreplaceable. The seat cushion was saturated though and I was so sad. Before I took it out to the garage to determine its final resting place, I grabbed the Branch Basics solution--for no other reason than to prove it doesn't work on cat urine. I sprayed that puppy until it was soaking wet. And then I took it out to the garage where we wouldn't have to deal with that horrible smell anymore. After about a week, I decided to give the chair a whiff. I about fell over when I smelled nothing except old fabric. I sniffed and sniffed all over not believing my own sniffer. I was elated!! I couldn't believe the awful smell of cat urine had been eliminated or at the very least, neutralized. Branch Basics saved the chair!

3) We got a new range and microwave hood the beginning of July. These are my very first stainless steel appliances. They're actually partial stainless steel since there's a lot of glass covering both. Fingerprints are definitely an issue with stainless steel and I am the kind of person who can't let them go past the end of the day. I don't know what you would normally use to clean stainless steel with, but the Branch Basics (super diluted) can do it. I spray it on just like I would glass cleaner and I can wipe the entire appliance down in one step. It's soooo great.

4) The cat puked up a hairball recently. On the living room carpet. The carpet needs to be replaced, but until then, we do whatever we can to keep it as "clean" and stain-free as possible. This particular hairball left an orange tinged stain behind. I sprayed it with Branch Basics, walked away and, well, you know the routine. The stain was gone when I came back to it. Awesome.

5) A couple of weeks ago, Cooper got his first nosebleed. About 10 whole seconds after getting into our suburban. After Tae Kwon Do. That's right. For the second time in 6 months, he got blood on his white uniform. I actually got pictures for proof this time.


 
It wasn't a ton of blood, but it was enough. Especially on his pristine white dobok. I sprayed it with the Branch Basics solution and tossed it into the laundry. This is what it looked like when I took it out.


Now you can see with your own eyes how great this multi-purpose cleaner is. I admit, it doesn't transform everything and it has to be new stains. But the stains/odors it DOES get out totally outweighs its limitations, saving your clothes, carpets, walls, and furniture. Still love this stuff!!

1 comment:

imagine said...

Where do you get it maam..... :) ... I should know for the rest of my students.

Great blog! :)
Master Molly
The School of Respect