Friday, July 5, 2013

Greetings from the Caribbean!

February 29, 2012
 
Hello, hello sweet Mom and cute kids!
 
How ARE you?? It's 7:56 pm central time...3 hours AHEAD of you. So it's almost dinner time in Oregon.
 
Dad is getting ready for his much needed massage up in the "Shipshape Spa". I get mine tomorrow night :)
 
We are having an incredible time. It seems like a dream. I have to keep shaking my head and telling myself this really is real. We were in Jamaica yesterday (yah mon!) and Grand Cayman today. We're getting gifts for all of you in every port. However, depending on Grandma's report to us when we get back will determine if you get your gifts. They can be easily given to your other cousins!! So if you need to make a course correction...please do so now!
 
I can't get over how VAST the Caribbean is. Water, water, EVERYWHERE. What really boggles my mind is how a vessel of this magnitude can stay afloat. I need to read up on it. I'm sure Jake can tell me all about it. It's the same concept with aircraft carriers.
 
I'm happy to report that I have gotten only a little pink...and it looks like I may even be tanning. Jared however, burned his forehead and bald spot. Even WITH 50 spf. However, it's not like his bald spot was able to be exposed during our tanning sessions. We got him a hat yesterday at one of the stores here.
 
All of Deck 5 is called the Royal Promenade and it has stores galore, like a small town. They have a movie theater which we might try out, and a real theater for the performing arts, and an ice skating rink in addition to a dining room over 3 decks that seats up to 2000 people! It's crazy.
 
We had a little scare with our camera today at the beach. We went kayaking and snorkeling. Dad took our waterproof camera to take pictures of the fish and got some good pictures and even videos. When we got back to shore though, the camera wouldn't work. That's right, 6 days of pictures on a once-in-a-lifetime trip that can't be duplicated. Interestingly enough, even though Dad was really upset, I was very calm. I didn't worry about it. We took the card out. Dad said he didn't think it got wet. (So much for waterproof, eh?) So we took the card to the photography place here and tried to salvage our pictures before another moment went by. We actually downloaded them onto a DVD for a big price, but it was worth it. I said many prayers in my heart that the Lord would spare our memories through pictures (we can always get a new camera) and so we could share them with you when we got back and my prayers were answered. I'm so grateful. So please thank Heavenly Father in your prayers tonight for that wonderful blessing. It would be devastating not to have anything to show you.
 
Well, I need to wrap this up. I'm paying by the minute :) I wish I could call and talk to you in person. Please work hard for Grandma. She is taking care of you out of the kindness of her wonderful heart and remember...one day you will be married with kids and if you want me watching your kids while you go on a cruise, you better think twice about how you act and react! I have complete faith in you all. Jake and Coop, you're the oldest so do everything you can to help out so that Grandma can tend to more important things like JJ and Calvin and Karcyn. Have fun at YM and scouts tonight. Please thank the moms who are taking you to and from church.
 
Karcyn--be a big girl for Grandma okay?
 
Calvin--are you staying dry like a big boy?
 
You guys give JJ some hugs and kisses from us.
 
You're the best Mom! We can't thank you enough. You get your gifts from each port no matter what! We hope you like them.
 
Last stop is tomorrow....Mexico and dolphins!! I can't wait.
 
Hugs and kisses to you all,
Mom (& Jenn)
 
P.S. I didn't have time to edit. I hope this makes sense.

1 comment:

happyhart said...

wait, I thought you went on a cruise for your anniversary recently. Is this another one or more of the same?