Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A new do, times two

The moment finally came when I felt JJ's baby locks needed to go. Which may surprise some because I didn't cut Calvin's curls until after his 2nd birthday and his hair was much longer than JJ's. http://www.jjcrew.blogspot.com/2010/05/hair-cut-2.html.

Calvin missed our recent hair cutting session so he was also in desperate need of a hair cut. I swung by Great Clips, mostly because I can't do JJ's haircut. My skills are still developing (read: slow) and less than stellar (read: cheap). Plus the kids have to be able to sit still for me to even attempt it.

As it was, I had to PIN JJ in my arms and he almost squirmed his way out from under my "death grip". Thankfully, those girls at Great Clips are fast and effective and good with the kids

I'm very happy with the results. This picture is hard to see, but we now have a big boy in our midst.(Once we get rid of the diapers, we'll have a REAL big boy and a super giddy mom on our hands!)


Jared took the four older kids to Utah to see his parents the day before school got out to give me a Mother's Week :) I was actually going to cut Karcyn's hair when they got back for the summer, but Karole beat me to it. She asked if it would be alright if she took Karcyn out on a Grandma/Granddaughter date to Fantastic Sams to get her hair done. I was thrilled with the proposal and so was Karcyn.

O.my.gosh. I didn't think Karcyn could get any cuter. But apparently she can. :) This cut is SO adorable on her. The best part is that once her hair is dried, it seriously falls back into place. It doesn't require any curling. If there are some hairs out of place after sleeping on it at night, I spray a little water on it, brush it out and it goes right back to it's original place--like memory foam...for hair.

2 comments:

JandS Morgan said...

Yep, Adorable. Karcyn's hair was beautiful long, but she is so cute with that do.

Kim-the-girl said...

So cute!