Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Meet the Monkeys

Christmas came early for me this year. We have a gift exchange at Dr. Hicken's office and these last couple of years we've written down a couple of things we'd like to help give our giver some ideas. This year, I wanted a pair of sweet sock monkey slippers. I couldn't justify buying them for myself, but boy, they'd be fun (and comfy) to have.

Two days before the office party, I was at Target and went to visit the monkey slippers and they were ALL gone! Either that or they had been moved. I didn't have time to hunt for them so I just told myself they were sold out. I was so sad.

Guess what I got at the party??? It was the first thing I opened in a stack of gifts Elizabeth got me. She was much too generous! But I've been doing the happy dance ever since.


I'd like you to meet my left monkey: Liz.















And my right monkey: Beth.


















Together they make: 'Lizbeth!

They're the bomb and I love 'em.

3 comments:

Cort said...

Oh I how I love this! Posts just like this are the reason I love blogging so much.

Heather E. said...

Those are awesome slippers!!!! I want some too!! I got some hot pink slippers that have a super soft lining....made by Muk-Luks. But wow.....I love the 'Lizbeth!!!!

BUIS LIFE... said...

I have those slippers too!! Actually, I HAD those slippers - I wore them to death. Poor things. So it's time for monkey slippers #2!