Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rude awakening

At 6:15am, because there was no school due to the federal holiday, Jake and I went to our neighbor's house so he could learn the morning feeding routine for their animals while they're way this weekend.

We got home around 6:40am and I told Jake to go back to bed because that's where I was headed. And if he didn't go back to bed, to be QUIET!

I actually managed to sleep in a little bit longer before I had two little ones climbing on top of me. Sweet Jake had gotten the "babies" out of bed and fed them breakfast. Niiiice.

When Jared got home from work tonight he told me that while Jake and I were down the street this morning, he dutifully went in to wake up Cooper. He related the following:

"Cooper, Man, c'mon it's already 6:30, time to get up."

A moment later, Cooper barely lifted his head off his pillow. Partially whiny, mostly groggy, he informed Jared, "Daaaaaaad. We don't have school today."

Jared, confused: "You don't?"

"Noooo." (If his eyes had been open, they would have been rolling). Extremely inconvenienced, head limply hanging down, he pointed to the wall and grumbled, "Look at my calendar. It says Veteran's Day. NO SCHOOL!"

Bummer for Jared. It's bad enough waking Cooper up when it's necessary. It's even WORSE when you could have let the angry bear sleep longer. Darn those sneaker holidays!

3 comments:

Shane and Brandi said...

How cute! Just wait until he is a teenager! Shaylee is the one shutting off my alarm and pushing me to get out of bed. She is usually ready by that point.

JandS Morgan said...

It sure is weird to have a day off in the middle of the week. Both Ephant and Loofa love sleeping in.

Cort said...

I hate it when my kids are more on top of it than I am.